August 2015 Moms
Options

maternity pants?

So, I'm normally a size 8/9 and I bought size 10 pants, and they are already giving me hardcore muffin top. So I bought maternity pants. Is it ok? Will I get judged? I just worry.

Re: maternity pants?

• Options
    Judged by whom? And who could really notice unless you told them you were wearing them? 

I'm 9 weeks and using a belly band because I'm super bloated and/or getting fat, and I could care less, lol. If it fits and it's more comfortable, go for it!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Do what you need to do. I'm 2 sizes up in pants (1 to a 5) and wear them unbuttoned whenever I'm home (I'm a SAHM so a good portion of the day). I'm just not ready to pull my maternity pants out of the closet yet. I also haven't told any of my friends around here yet, and the maternity pants for me would be a dead giveaway. I will probably do a belly band first when I get to that point. If you want to use maternity pants though go for it. We'll all get there eventually.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't waste your money on buying bigger non-pregnancy pants. Just wear your maternity pants/jeans/yoga pants now. No one will know if you don't point it out. Why spend money on new bigger pants when you'll need maternity ones eventually anyway? And plus, you'd be stuck with 2 sizes bigger pants after you have your baby.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Who cares. Just be comfortable.

BabyFruit Ticker image

• Options
    I get mine next week, hooray for hand me downs lol.. And i cant wait
  • Options
    Pulled my small maternity jeans out today, so much better. We are still semi secret cause only my patents know, but I just don't care anymore.
  • Options
    Does anyone have a line on tall maternity wear?  That isn't SUPER expensive.  I'm tall, but not exceptionally so, and everything is made for pregnant woman that are like 3 inches short than me.  And I do not want to wear high waters or capris my whole pregnancy.

• Options
    I am pretty sure motherhood maternity is having a HUGE sale right now (they're nationwide, yeah?).  My (future) MIL is a regional manager for them, so I am planning on hitting them up this weekend and utilizing her 40% off discount on top of clearance prices!  

As for being judged, I tell them to fuck right off,  you're bloated, hormonal, and not to test you.  But seriously, who in their right mind would judge a pregnant woman for wearing maternity clothes??  

January Signature: Favorite "mean girl" from television - Margaery Tyrell and Cersei Lannister, I can't choose between them.
    reaction animated GIF

game of thrones margaery tyrell gif

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am 9weeks almost 10 and I am in maternity pants. I dont care what anyone thinks. My regular pants are so uncomfortable and maternity pants aresuper comfy.
  • Options
    I just a bought a pair from Target this morning and love them! I just hit 9 weeks and I can still fit in my old pants, they're just getting uncomfortable. With this 24/7 nausea, why wear uncomfortable pants if I don't have to?
  • Options
    Does anyone have a line on tall maternity wear?  That isn't SUPER expensive.  I'm tall, but not exceptionally so, and everything is made for pregnant woman that are like 3 inches short than me.  And I do not want to wear high waters or capris my whole pregnancy.

Old Navy. I'm 5'8" and they're actually a bit long on me. I got some for $5-$10 a pair just last week. :)
    ~ K.

PCOS, EDS III, low progesterone. Six early losses (5-8 weeks,) 1 twin loss. Surprise natural BFP 2014-12-17
    Ectopic dx and MTX 2015-01-02.
  • Options
    I found two pairs of size up pants that I bought when DD was born and I was shrinking, but had to go back to work. I stashed then with my maternity clothes. I'm so happy to have them. I will switch to my small maternity jeans in the next few weeks.
    www.minegoes2-11.blogspot.com

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've seen some at Target and H&M for about $34. I think I'm gonna do back and get the ones from Target. I like the jeans with the elastic on the sides, as oppose to the big maternity band. Maybe further down the pregnancy line, i'll have to get those.
  • Options
    Hey Ladies, I need advice...what is the deal between the full vs demi panel on the gap maternity jeans? I have a ridiculously long torso...would that make a difference? Thanks! I really appreciate your feedback.
    **Paraguard removed 10/30** **BFP 11/29** Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I just folded the full panel down until I got bigger.. The Demi drove me nuts

orange is the new black red reznikov gif

*Jan Siggy Challenge--Mean Girls*

BabyFruit Ticker

Married: 4/26/14 - DH "J": 33 - ME: 27 - DS "G": 12/21/09

TTC #2 since October 2014 - BFP 12/2/2014!! - EDD 8/13/2015!

• Options
    @econmama‌ and @llw42614 Thank you so much for the help. I just bought a pair on super sale and your feedback helped a lot :smile: happy new year, ladies!
    **Paraguard removed 10/30** **BFP 11/29** Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Heidi Klum maternity leggings are the best thing ever.
  • Options
    mana84 said:
    Don't waste your money on buying bigger non-pregnancy pants. Just wear your maternity pants/jeans/yoga pants now. No one will know if you don't point it out. Why spend money on new bigger pants when you'll need maternity ones eventually anyway? And plus, you'd be stuck with 2 sizes bigger pants after you have your baby.
    Just gonna throw out here that you are not likely going to fit right back into your normal sized pants right after you have the baby. I already have pants 2 sizes larger because I finally broke down 2 months PP with my daughter and bought myself some pants that fit. I was tired of wearing maternity pants two months after I had given birth and wasn't dropping the last of the weight that fast - took me about 6 months to get back into the majority of my pants and about 9 to get back in the smallest ones. The bonus to my breaking down then is that I have perfectly comfy pants to wear now and am not stuck in maternity pants this early (I never liked having something stretchy on my lower stomach when pregnant).
  • Options
    jonekajoneka member
    edited January 2015
    Just bought a couple of maternity jeans and 2 shirts from motherhood (huge sale!) I also bought about 4  really cute sweaters,  5 pairs of velour pants from New York and Co (they are like super comfy sweat pants, but more dressy). I am currently trying to find some leggings that are not see through. My next shopping adventure will be target in their maternity section. I am a FTM, but by gosh I plan to be comfortable. This bloat is unreal...lol
  • Options
    KristinaD217KristinaD217 member
    edited January 2015
    Thanks guys. When I told my SIL she gave the nastiest look ever
    Edited because my phone is stupid. -.-
  • Options
    Had my husband bring my tote o clothes up last night. I don't even care I want to he comfy. My belly has Def changed. I went from full on feeling fat bloat to hey... that doesn't suck in so good. I assume it's because I have two people growing.
    Don't care comfy pants!!
  • Options
    rliskrlisk member
    edited January 2015
    Im not due until the end of August but my jeans already feel uncomfortable! I ordered two pairs of maternity jeans and two tops for $32! Destination maternity has a great buy one get one free sale right now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"