September 2015 Moms

We have no space!

After we lost earlier this year, we gave up on planning and signed another year lease for our 1 bedroom apartment. After 2 weeks signed, we popped up pregnant! Any ideas for space saving/ decorating ideas? I'm gonna keep this baby and its stuff on the roof! It's the only space I have.

Re: We have no space!

• We are in a 1 bedroom right now with our 9 month old. Luckily the room is big, so it's half our furniture, half hers. However, we need to move for 2 babies.

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• You can make it work for a little while until the lease is up. They have tons of space saver ideas on Pinterest for 1bedrooms and a baby! Or if it's an apartment ask if you can move to a 2bedroom in the same community. Most companies because you're still giving them business will work something out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We of course are renting privately the second floor of a town home. We are in a less than lovely part of the city to save money. We are planning to move in December 2015. At this point, I'm going for the minimalist approach for furniture. We do have access to the garage if we need to store things there until we go. I love the pinterest idea! Time to reignite my obsession with it!!
  • You can fit a pack n play in your bedroom. They make some with a little changing pad. Then add a small dresser for clothes. Or hell just keep them in a laundry basket since newborns go through clothes so fast. It sucks to be in a small space but don't worry, that time will fly!!
                                                                                              BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • If you're moving in December, you'll only have to worry about it for a few months, so that'll probably work out fine!
    "I am what I am. I would tell you what you want to know if I could, for you have been kind to me. But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer.” ― Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn

My Chart
  • You will be fine. We didn't use the bedroom for several months. Baby can sleep in your room for a few months since you will be getting up frequently anyway. You can change on the floor (many people do anyway). Clothing is tiny.
    DS 7/6/09
    DD 9/4/11
    EDD 9/1/15
  • I know they are so small! We were playing with clothes yesterday in old navy. They're ALL adorable!
  • Our DD was in our bedroom until 5 months, & we had an all set up nursery. It was just easier to have her with us at night. Definitely doable, they need so little for the first couple months, you'll be fine.
    September '15 Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance!   

BFP 11/18/14 ~ EDD 7/26/15 ~ MC 11/27/14

image            image
                          Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                              

• I feel ya. Although ours is a two bedroom, the second bedroom is so full already and so is our storage. Apartments in Germany are small and they have no closets lol.  I agree with the other PP's about just a basinet and clean off the top of a low dresser to use as a changing station maybe. 
  • Thanks, ladies. I feel better
  • Newborns need minimal space. You should definitely be good till you move. We are in the process of trying to find a bigger house since surprise baby #6 pushes us out of bedroom space here. But I'm not to worried if we don't find one until the following spring since baby will still probably be sleeping with us
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"