August 2015 Moms

When to share the good news

Hello ladies!
I was wondering when you are planning to make your announcement of your pregnancy. I had a MC six weeks into my last pregnancy, and it was very hard to share the news with those who already knew I was pregnant. However, my Hcg levels are very high this time around, and the doctor thinks everything will be fine. I'm thinking of announcing after the ultrasound/heartbeat on January 14th. Thoughts? Thanks!

Re: When to share the good news

• I had my first us yesterday, and as soon as that came back with a strong heart beat, we began telling people. It is totally up to you and your so. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm sorry that you miscarried. With my first pregnancy it ended in a miscarriage and I hadn't told anyone and I felt so terrible not telling anyone. when I got pregnant with DS I told everybody right a way, so that if for some reason something might happen at least they knew why I was upset and they could help me in the way that I needed them to help rather than keeping it a secret. This pregnancy I told everyone when I found out, but that's me you know what's best for you
  • Loading the player...
  • edited January 2015
    I'm pregnant with my first, and I've taken the leap. I started a blog to share my progress.
    *spam link edited*
  • Not til I'm obviously showing, so maybe 16-18 weeks? I'm trying to minimize the massive invasion of privacy and unsolicited advice for as long as possible!

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• I have my first ultrasound on January 14th as well. I will be around 11 weeks, 4 days and we are planning on telling then. However, morning sickness has hit me with a vengeance and I'm not sure how long I can convince people that I've got a stomach bug.
  • I'm sorry for your loss. I myself am pregnant after a loss as well. I'm holding off on announcing to the masses until 12 weeks but we told close friends and family so that we have support .

BabyFruit Ticker

photo octoberangel.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• We told close friends and family way earlier this time. Last time it was exactly 12 weeks and this time we told people before 6, because some folks figured it out at Christmas and it was weird telling my brothers before my mom or one side of the family before the other. But I also loved not doing a big reveal. We just told people separately and quietly. My SIL had a miscarriage last year after announcing it by giving my daughter a "big cousin" onesie. It was really hard so the family gets that we should all be happy but also celebrate when DH and I are ready.
  • We had a miscarriage last spring, and I definitely wish we had at least told my friends. It was so hard going through that with people mad at me for not wanting to talk or hang out. We announced to everyone on Christmas, which was 9w. We had told my in laws and my close friends after our first us at 6 weeks. However, it was a completely personal decision. As this always should be
    BabyFruit Ticker

image      image

• I'm sorry for you loss. When to tell people is completely up to you. Tell folks when you are comfortable.

BabyFruit Ticker image

• Sorry for your loss. This decision is totally up to you. GL!
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"