C-sections

Possible Edema Problems After C-Sec with Complications

Did anyone have this issue? I had fibromyalgia to begin with, so pregnancy was extremely draining on my body, followed by a last minute emergency C-Sec with lots of complications, infection, and blood transfusions. 

My daughter is almost 7 mos. old now and at the 6 month mark my left leg got so bad I couldn't walk and my parents had to come from out of state to help with the baby and take me to the hospital. From there to the ortho people suspected sciatica, but after an x-ray and just last weekend an MRI, they called this morning to ask for follow up MRI's of my pelvis lower down. They always have to tell you "it could be nothing" but they sounded more urgent than normal and the woman in the office mentioned "Edema".

I have already scheduled the follow up MRI and ortho appointment but it's a few days away and I'm scared. Was wondering if anyone had a similar situation? With Edema after a c-section?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Possible Edema Problems After C-Sec with Complications

• Edema just means swelling, and it is common to have it post CS. However, it usually resolves after a few weeks (on the long side). I had a lot of swelling, and I swear my one leg is still larger over a year later. I had an MRI on my ankle of that same leg, due to pain. The MRI isn't painful at all, and the issue had nothing to do with my CS. GL!

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

• I had it after this last cs (my second) and it was gone by 3-4 weeks pp I think.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I have had a lot of MRI's I have existing chronic pain/illness for a decade prior to pregnancy. But I had major swelling immediately post-CS that went down long ago. This problem only started in late November, so that was 6 months PP this *started* which was the only reason this is upsetting me. When reading up online it says there are many different types of Edema and causes or symptoms could be blood clots or be fluid leaking from places inside the body. Since the CS almost cost me my life due to both my uterus vessels bursting I am worried about how that healed internally with the combination of having to have the blood transfusions. I definitely don't want it to interfere with having another child in the future, but it doesn't seem like any kind of Edema would mean something like that.

But I am really hoping it's just swelling controlled by maybe blood thinners or something? But the hospital and Ortho both said Sciatica until they saw these "abnormalities." 

Thank you for the input, sorry to be so worried! Waiting for the appointments will drive me nuts.

Happy New Year too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"