April 2015 Moms

New Years Eve Plans?

Does anyone have any exciting plans for tonight? 

My husband just put together our Rock N Play that came in the mail today and now we're watching tv. This is what we plan on doing for the duration of the night. I'm hoping to convince him to turn the Gilmore Girls on soon, but since I monopolize what we watch 9 times out of 10, I think I'll let him watch whatever it is we're watching now. I MIGHT stay up until midnight but I won't hold my breath. 
BFP 8/9/2014
Baby Boy wolowizard due 4/14/2015
Greyson Robert

Re: New Years Eve Plans?

• Eating my Mac n cheese with ketchup while watching lifetime movie network. DH is working late so no celebrating here
  • Broken foot + morning sickness = laying on the couch for me. If I'm still up at midnight I'll be impressed with myself.
  • Loading the player...
  • itsfine said:

Eating my Mac n cheese with ketchup while watching lifetime movie network. DH is working late so no celebrating here

That was my night yesterday! Except I was watching Netflix, not Lifetime. Call me weird but I think it's good fun.

Tonight I'll be in bed snuggling DH/bumping/watching one born every minute. Ice cream and cookies for dessert. Num.
  • Not even attempting midnight madness. Plan on eating some cheeseburger soup, watching Mickey with my son, and being asleep by 10pm. I live on the edge.
  • We are headed to a bon fire at a friends shortly….I plan to be home in my bed by 1215 I am already exhausted.

Happy New Year all! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Jan Siggy Challenge: April 2015

image  image

Started dating: 7/4/00
    Married: 6/9/07
    TTC #1: 7/14
    BFP: 8/9/14

• Had dinner at Applebee's. Now it's 7:30 and DH and I are already in bed. I had a 10 hour day at work so I'm exhausted and just want to lay here for the rest of my life, mouth-breathing from a stuffy nose with my ridiculously swollen feet and ankles propped up.
    ~
    Married May 18, 2013
    Expecting our first child April 3, 2015
  • DH and I are heading to one of his co-workers houses for the evening. Should be a nice casual evening. We'll see if I can make it until midnight or fall asleep on their couch! We are bringing Prosecco and sparkling grape juice!
  • ejz98ric02ejz98ric02 member
    edited January 2015
    I'm so torn!

DH and I have reservations at 7 for an authentic Italian restaurant. We received a gift certificate on our 1 year anniversary and want to use it.

However, it's freezing cold, my back is killing me, and my motivation is zero. I really want to order Chinese food from our favorite place, but that'll run us about $35 which we don't have.

I'm also trying to convince myself to go out as this is our "last" NYE without children. But after reading your responses to DH, my comment to him was something along the lines of "seems like the overwhelming amount of bumpers are staying in and eating!".....

TBD!
  • It's 8pm here and I am going to bed within the next half hour. Correction, I am in bed now, I will be turning out the lights within the next half hour. DH has to work until 10:30pm at which point he will go to a party close to his work. More power to him!
    Married to E on June 5, 2010
    Gave birth to baby boy, I, on March 25, 2012
    Gave birth to baby girl, A, on May 20, 2013
    Baby #3 due April 29, 2015

Recovering from mitochondrial dysfunction and Addison's/possibly very severe adrenal burn out using food, medicine, and a large amount of garden therapy.
  • We're having a low key get together at our house. I'm a little on the fence about it, since I don't often make it until midnight these days, and this pretty much guarantees that I'll have to stay up. I'll be ringing it in with a ginger beer.
  • Having dinner out with a couple of friends we don't see too often since were still visiting my in laws in our home state. I fully intend on drinking a glass of champagne tonight.
  • Sweatpants, Kathy & Anderson, and my new Snoogle pillow. Husband got some fireworks but he will never make it till 12!
  • Spent most of the night in with my SO then we watched the fireworks and went to bed. :)
  • Babysitting my niece tonight and I took her to a NYE family fun night that has a ton of inflatables and bouncy houses. She went to bed at 7:30 so now I'm laying on the couch eating chipotle, don't think I'll be up at midnight, I'm exhausted from those inflatables.
  • ktplusbbyktplusbby member
    edited January 2015
    Watching The Equalizer with DH and listening to fireworks outside that are shaking the whole house.. what the hell are these people blowing up? Not just sparklers I'm assuming..

ETA: I'm watching The Equalizer.. DH is asleep.. lame :-<
  • We made tacos and I had a few sips of wine. We are now watching batman on the couch. DH feels a little bored so might go watch some fireworks at a neighbors house. Oh! And I booked our newborn photographer. Who knows what wild things the rest of the night holds!
  • Pretty much nothing. Watching some TV and cuddling with the dogs... maybe a NYE show later with DH (still 4 1/2 hours to go). I will probably end up nesting and preparing the nursery again later (I'm a night owl...).
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Went to a friends house, and came home because we're pretty sure DH got the stomach bug I had last week.  This flu season is nutzo.
    Me (29), DH (30), Married 6/16/07
    #1: BFP 8/02/14, EDD 4/11/15

~~TEAM GREEN~~

BabyFruit Ticker   

****** April '15 January Siggy Challenge: Exercise/Workout Fails ****** image
  • snegde said:

RHoPA1109 said:

snegde said:

RHoPA1109 said:

snegde said:

mbm1983 said:

@snegde I'm feeling the same. I love this baby but the heartburn makes me really hate pregnancy. Some days I feel like I can't eat or drink anything without being miserable. And I know things could be a lot worse and I'm probably complaining too much...but ugh.

At least we aren't alone. I am starving but refuse to eat if it's just going to cause more pain. I am thinking of calling my doc on Friday to see if they can give me another solution. Ok I'll go find my big girl panties. :P

You may have already said this somewhere, but have you tried Zantac? Seriously improved my quality of life as the heartburn was crazy.
    I'm on 2 a day and it doesn't even touch it.

mbm1983 said:

Yeah I'm on 2 a day as well. Most days it does help but sometimes i still have problems.

Ah, boo. Sorry guys...I hope it lets up for you soon.

Me too. I'm starving!

Have you tried eating bananas? I heard it relieves heartburn. I haven't tried it so I can't say whether it works or not.
  • RHoPA1109 said:

Bitchfest warning!!!
    My plan was to cuddle on the couch with DH, relax with the fire going and watch the NYE shows.
    My reality is DH is in a mood because
    a) he had to wait too long for the Chinese food that he wanted
    b) he bought a bunch of beer (just him drinking) but the single he bought was the wrong kind (he did the exact same thing last weekend)
    c) he smokes when he's drunk but won't buy his own cigarettes, there isn't anyone around to bum one off of, and he's too drunk to drive the store and I won't bring him. I'm in a nightgown and it's 11° outside.
    He keeps going back and forth between acting like a total ass, and apologizing for being an ass. I'm over this night.
    Thanks for reading my bitchfest! I feel better now. Hope you all are having a great night!

Ew, sorry but your husband sounds like a total doucher. I hope he either knocks it off or you can find a peaceful place to avoid him.

Yes, he was being a douche canoe. He's outside smoking cigarettes with the neighbor now so all is right in the world. At least he knows he was being an ass.
  • ChanStewChanStew member
    edited January 2015
    snegde said:
    snegde said:
    @snegde I'm feeling the same. I love this baby but the heartburn makes me really hate pregnancy. Some days I feel like I can't eat or drink anything without being miserable. And I know things could be a lot worse and I'm probably complaining too much...but ugh.
    At least we aren't alone. I am starving but refuse to eat if it's just going to cause more pain. I am thinking of calling my doc on Friday to see if they can give me another solution. Ok I'll go find my big girl panties. :P

You may have already said this somewhere, but have you tried Zantac? Seriously improved my quality of life as the heartburn was crazy.

mbm1983 said:
    Yeah I'm on 2 a day as well. Most days it does help but sometimes i still have problems.

Me too. I'm starving!
    Have you tried eating bananas? I heard it relieves heartburn. I haven't tried it so I can't say whether it works or not.
    At least we're not alone.  I swear plain water causes heartburn.

Zantac takes the edge off most days, but man this is such a huge pain!

Sometimes bananas help, sometimes milk helps, sometimes almonds help.  Nothing works consistently...

ETA: Ladies, feel free to whine here all you want.  I agree, sometimes I feel like all I've done is whine this pregnancy.  First the terrible MS, and now this heartburn.  This is a safe place  :)
    Me (29), DH (30), Married 6/16/07
    #1: BFP 8/02/14, EDD 4/11/15

~~TEAM GREEN~~

BabyFruit Ticker   

****** April '15 January Siggy Challenge: Exercise/Workout Fails ****** image
  • Laying in bed with my three year old. His dad called earlier (like 3 hrs ago) and told our son he loved him and was preparing for a crazy night (hes in law enforcement and doesnt go in till 11pm) then proceeded to tell me if he dies or something then "bye".. Maybe its just me but if you knew tonight was going to be crazy wouldnt you want to be spending your time with you child and baby on the way than with your girlfriend of 5 months... guess that's just me.. smh. Here's to a much better year with me and my boys :)
  • RHoPA1109 said:

snegde said:

RHoPA1109 said:

snegde said:

mbm1983 said:

mbm1983 said:

Have you guys tried apple cider vinegar? I can't say enough about how much a couple of teaspoons in my water each morning has helped me. I :heart: apple cider vinegar!
  • I'm recovering from the nastiest cold I've ever had. I heart my couch this NYE.

Feel better @scoutfinch13‌!

Me: 34 DH: 36

Married since 11/11/11
    BFP#1 10/5/13 MC 11/11/13 @9wks 3d
    BFP#2 7/20/14 EDD 4/4/15

• I'm laying on the floor with my heaven sent snoogle watching The Walking Dead. I bought some beer for DH to celebrate when he gets off work but that probably won't happen. The bitch who's supposed to relieve him just called in "sick". I'm super pissed because I haven't really seen him in 4 days because he works swing and I work days. This same bitch is the reason he's not on nights, so the reason I never see DH. I feel like I'm whining but I just want some quality time with DH :-<
  • My heartburn had gotten worse the past week. I've started taking Zantac 150mg twice a day. Tums and bananas take the edge off, but only for a few minutes. Even woke up with stomach acid creeping up the back of my throat last night. I try sleeping on my left to keep my stomach below my esophagus, but even that doesn't seem to help. Small meals. Try not to eat or drink before bedtime. Today was the first day I felt like it wasn't as bad between meals.
  • mrsfleming12mrsfleming12 member
    edited January 2015
    @fourthtimesacharm‌ I feel you. We planned a laid back evening on the couch, just the two of us, so I went out this afternoon and bought snacks and ribs to have for dinner. He got home from work and seemed more annoyed than anything else that I bought snacks, so we didn't really end up making any. He kept his nose in his phone most of the evening, then got annoyed with some game he was trying to download which just put him in a sour mood which put me off. I ended up doing a load of laundry, two loads of dishes, and picked up the whole kitchen (which had turned into a dump site since Christmas). He's been lying in bed acting like a baby because I won't lie down with him. I'm too antsy to lie down! I wanted to stay up and cuddle, pig out and watch movies. Fifteen minutes to midnight...and I'm now sitting on the couch by myself, he's probably already asleep in bed. Fun way to end the year...

ETA sorry this turned into such a bitch fest. :/
    Married 07/27/12 : BFP 8/23/14 : EDD 4/30/15 : IT'S A GIRL!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We worked on nursery stuff and got chilis take out with my parents and played dominos... And now I'm praying the neighbors tone it down. They're kinda loud...hoping the parents (who are great people) go tell the college kids they need to quiet down now that it's 1am.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mrsfleming12‌ mine does that too. He even calls the house phone from his cell when I'm cleaning the kitchen and he's in bed. I say if they miss us that much, they are more than welcome to help us clean ;)
    My DH was in a great mood once he got a cigarette. What annoyed me was that i got all dolled up just for him, then changed into yoga pants and a sweat shirt to go to the neighbors so he could get a cigarette.
    I hope your husband's mood improves soon. Thanks for the solidarity.
  • This happened and I feel only joy that it did! We r now in bed with the alarm set...will we get up for midnight? Well, one can dream ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"