Baby Names

First name begins with M, last with F?

I've always loved the name Maren, middle name Elise, but I am concerned about my daughter having the initials MF. Am I overthinking? It's my first choice, but I'm picturing some unfortunate monogramming. :)

Others: 

Antonia Christine
Alexandra Elise
Juliet Elise

Re: First name begins with M, last with F?

• Am I missing something???

Because I really don't see the issue

• ColeRose said:

MF like motherfucker? I don't even know if that is what you are thinking OP because I really had to think about it. Yes, I think you are overthinking it and no, I don't think it would be a big deal. 

Her initials would be M.E.F.
    Her name monogrammed would be MFE

Seriously nbd
    Yup, this.

I love Maren Elise!
    Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • Loading the player...
  • The name is lovely. Go for it.

Monogramming is a current trend that will be dated in 5 years anyway. It's the chevron of the minute. Don't let it influence your decision on the name.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I think Maren Elise is lovely and wouldn't worry about the initials. I also really like Juliet Elise and Alexandra Elise. Frontrunner for our daughter is Juliet Maren, so we have similar taste.
    DD1 June 2011
    DD2 Due January 2015
  • MF is fine.

Beautifull name!
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Love: March 2010  Marriage: July 2013  Debt Free: October 2014  TTC: April 2015
     BFP: April 10, 2016 EDD: December 19, 2016 Team Blue!
    Oscar born November 20, 2016 at 35w6d

• I'll be the naysayer. I immediately went there and wasn't pleased. There are plenty of times, especially school when most teasing can be expected, that a person will likely have to use just their first and last initials.
  • Yes you are overthinking it. It's a beautiful name!
  • MF is fine!
  • You are overthinking MF.  I like all of your name options.  Antonia is refreshingly beautiful, and I love Juliet, but Maren Elise is great.
  • I was an MF before I got married, and it was never a big deal.
  • nmrd said:

I was an MF before I got married, and it was never a big deal.

This. I was actually MEF and no one ever made that connection.
  • Maren is gorgeous. Love Maren Elise as well.
  • I've heard a LOT of teasing in my time, but never about a kid's initials. My sister grew up with the initials SAD and never cared; she loved her name.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • You're overthinking it. My initials are ASS.
    BFP 8/9/2014
    Baby Boy wolowizard due 4/14/2015
    Greyson Robert
  • These were my maiden initials! It was never an issue. Sure I made jokes in middle school with friends but that was it. Don't worry about it.
  • I love Maren Elise and don't see an issue
  • I love Antonia
  • I honestly didn't get the MF thing until I read it on a few posts and realized what you were referring to. I went to high school with a couple of Mark's with surname beginning in F and as far as I know, it was never a problem.
  • Definitely over thinking. Maren Elise is fantastic, very different from what's trending right now and yet still classic. Go for it!
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"