February 2015 Moms
Options

Gender neutral finds.

Is anyone else finding it hard to find gender neutral clothes? I barely have any clothes for my bambino. What are you ladies finding out there in the same spot?

Re: Gender neutral finds.

• Options
    I am also having a difficult time. I bought a going home outfit for a boy and a girl and will donate the one we don't use to the NICU. I also found some long sleeve gender neutral onesies from Carters. However, I bought some girl pants and boy pants to go with them since they were a great deal at Target one day. I have a couple gender neutral sleepers. A few people have given me a couple boy outfits they had from their sons. I have a ton of girl clothes from DD. I am calling it good with what I have. My plan is to do some online shopping at Target when the baby is born for gender specific clothes. They should make it to my house in a few days.
  • Options
    I'm officially in love with all the burts bee gray clothes this season (I've got a thing for gray and white baby clothes). So while I don't need gender neutral (another DD on the way) its just too cute to pass up.

photo a1c2c501-51d6-4155-bc5d-e15072d2426d_zps1135e754.jpg 

**Siggy Challenge What You're Looking Forward to Most after Baby Arrives**

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes! Most of what I have is technically "boy" clothes but it's as gender neutral as I could find. Most of the the Carters "neutral" clothing was white, so I got a few things. But I was really hoping to find more green and yellow outfits.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Macy's and Boston Store/Bergners/Carsons/Herbergers had some really nice cream outfits with giraffes and ducks on them. My mom and dad got me some cute ones for Christmas.

We were Team Green with DD too and after she was born we got quite a bit of girl clothes. I would say as long as you have a few outfits in the 0-3 range (or newborn if you know you have a peanut) then you should be good. You can always stock up once the little one is born. 
    Baby #2 - BFP 6/13/2014 - EDD 2/17/2015 BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Quite a few of the Carter's boy outfits would work as gender neutral too, in my opinion. Things like this are listed as 'baby boy' but I think it would work just fine for a girl too.

Roslin Liora -- Due 2/8/15
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary
    image     image     image
  • Options
    dacora said:

Quite a few of the Carter's boy outfits would work as gender neutral too, in my opinion. Things like this are listed as 'baby boy' but I think it would work just fine for a girl too.

That's so cute! Might need to go get that.
  • Options

Yes! Most of what I have is technically "boy" clothes but it's as gender neutral as I could find. Most of the the Carters "neutral" clothing was white, so I got a few things. But I was really hoping to find more green and yellow outfits.

This! I have a ton of clothes that are really supposed to be boy clothes but will work fine for a girl.
    image         image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We have been gifted a bunch of cute neutral outfits from carter's. They have jungle animals on them and are mostly white or gray. Also got some yellow and white duck outfits, carters as well.
  • Options
    I just went through the store and picked out anything that had bright colors or pastels, as long as it didn't scream girl or boy, and I thought it was cute. It was difficult to find actual gender neutral items.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've had good luck finding things at Khols. Like others have said, I've went with clothing labeled boys but they can definitely be considered gender neutral.
  • Options
    Buy buy baby had items listed as gender neutral and boys but would work for both. I registered mainly for clothes there. Target doesn't usually have a whole lot but some gender neutral clothing items as well listed as boy clothes
    Married the love of my life October 13th, 2012!
    BFP June 12th, 2014 (very faint), BFP June 13th, 2014 obviously positive

Our First Baby!
    BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker
    Team Green!
  • Options
    Are dinosaurs and rocket ships not gender neutral?
    Married the love of my life October 13th, 2012!
    BFP June 12th, 2014 (very faint), BFP June 13th, 2014 obviously positive

Our First Baby!
    BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker
    Team Green!
  • Options
    I think as long as the outfit doesn't have a decal on the front saying little brother or little sister anyone can get away with most things being gender neutral.

DD would be in pink and people would refer to her as a cute little boy because her carseat was blue.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options

I think a lot of boys' clothes could work for girls, but I'm the kind of person that if I were having a girl instead of a boy, I'd still dress her in dinosaurs and rocketships. But I hear you on the lack of colors. Pastel blue and pink are so boring.

Haha! I agree! Our nursery would probably be classified as boy (western theme), but we're totally ok with it!
    image         image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I think as long as the outfit doesn't have a decal on the front saying little brother or little sister anyone can get away with most things being gender neutral.

DD would be in pink and people would refer to her as a cute little boy because her carseat was blue.
    When DD was tiny, she would be wearing a pink frilly onsie, a bow, and a pink blanket and people still thought she was a boy. ??
  • Options
    I didn't find it hard at all. I went to a kids consignment store and bought a ton of cute stuff. Neutrals are always on the boys side. Other than that, Gap has been my very favorite and they have tons of gray and white stuff that is so adorable. 

We have some boy items that I think will be so precious on a girl. Like footed pjs with firetrucks all over them. Really cute! We have lots of clothes up to about 3 months, then a few through 6 months but we will be going shopping when the baby is a few months old. I still think we will stick to gender neutral stuff. I find it cuter and like the idea that we can keep it for any other kids we may have or give it to someone else. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

When DD was tiny, she would be wearing a pink frilly onsie, a bow, and a pink blanket and people still thought she was a boy. ??
    Not that I love this, but my daughters were in all pink WITH PIERCED EARS, and I still got this! From women with kids even! To this day, i always comment on how precious the child is, as in, "Oh! So precious!" That way I'm never wrong!
  • Options
    Sometimes I don't get people. My son was wearing a navy blue onesie with a red fire truck on the front and someone made a comment that referred to him as a girl.

I think gender neutral is anything not to girly or boyish. Both can wear either. Especially when really small.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you have a local resale shop check it out for gender neutral outfits. We found some gowns and footed sleepers there for lo before we found out we were having a girl.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"