March 2015 Moms

Pregnancy cholasma/melasma

I have noticed several dark spots appear on my face recently. Some of them just popped up overnight! I am very fair skinned and they are very noticeable.

I'm a STM and didn't have this the first time, and I am a little frustrated. I'm already dealing with regular blemishes...now this? I asked my OB and she said it happens and they sometimes go away, but I can see a dermatologist if they don't eventually fade.

Is anyone else dealing with the "mask of pregnancy," or have you had it with previous pregnancies? Did it go away? Are there any creams or lotions you recommend to treat the dark spots?

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pregnancy cholasma/melasma

• I did not and so far have not had this issue.  However a friend of mine had this issue when she was on a certain Birth Control medication (I think it was Yaz).  For her it faded after she stopped taking the meds.
    for SuzyQ and all who have lost

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've noticed a couple of little dark spots, one just under my eye and one high on my cheekbone. I'm not doing anything to them. They are light enough not to need extra concealer, but noticeable to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"