April 2014 Moms
Options

Children's Book Exchange

Hi ladies!

I am participating in a children's book exchange...  I don't have many friends who are parents in my circle, so I thought I would see if any of you are interested.  I am an April 14 mama as well.  I was never super active, and haven't been on in a long time!

It's pretty simple; here's how it works:

You buy and send one book to one kid, and send 6 letters to 6 parents.  They each do the same.  And in the end you wind up with 36 books!  The book you send can even be a used book (you can specify if you personally wouldn't mind receiving used books).  

So if anyone would like to participate, I can email you the letter.  Just PM me your email.  I need 6 ladies!

Happy New Year's April 14 Mamas!!

Re: Children's Book Exchange

• Options
    lia619 said:

Sorry to be a Debbie downer about this but I did one of these exchanges months ago and did not a single book in return! And the people who I sent letters to were friends. Annoying! Just a word of warning!

For the A14 regs: I am cursed when it comes to exchanges! Lol!

I was just about to point out your exchange luck.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds legit.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options
    And I've also done this before and didn't get any books back. Id recommend buying your LO books yourself instead of wasting your money on books for a stranger with nothing in return.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options
    I tried to do this with some friends of mine. I wasn't clear if I just send a book or if they send me the letter and then I send the book. So I never did it.
  • Options
    elyse4281 said:

I'm still waiting on 35 pencils when I did a similar pencil exchange at age 11 ish. So, no.

=)) I shouldn't laugh at this but this is friggin hilarious
  • Options
    So uh... how does this math work out?  Because I'm not getting how if everyone sends a book to one person, I get 36 books.
  • Options
    hlm184 said:
    So uh... how does this math work out?  Because I'm not getting how if everyone sends a book to one person, I get 36 books.
    It is a pyramid scheme.  You get a list of six names, you send a book to the person at the top of the list, then move the names up the list, removing the #1 name, and put yours at the bottom, then send the list to six of your friends, they do the same with six of their friends.  By the time your name is at the top of the list, 36 people are sending books to you.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"