November 2014 Moms
Options

New Year's Eve (plans) *clicky poll*

wildflower75wildflower75 member
edited December 2014 in November 2014 Moms
Happy New Year ladies!!!
I seriously cannot believe it's the 31st today! I'm assuming most of us will be staying home but would like to see the numbers... Are you staying home tonight or going out?

Also do you have any NYE traditions you plan to start or want to do later with your LO?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

New Year's Eve (plans) *clicky poll* 149 votes

Staying home
75% 113 votes
Going out (pls share your plans below)
16% 24 votes
SS (explain below)
8% 12 votes

Re: New Year's Eve (plans) *clicky poll*

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am just going to dinner:)
    Baby "H" due November 7
    Fur mommy to Layla
    June 25, 2012image
  • Options
    Reading these comments makes me hopeful about possibly going out to dinner until I look at the weather report! Taking LO and DD out when Real Feel is in the teens just doesn't seem worth it!
    Maybe I'll have my H go pick us up dinner from Red Lobster or the French place around the corner!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

• Options
    I imagine the only way I'll be awake at midnight is if DS is awake, but H wants to try and stay awake to see the ball drop. We'll see.
    BFP 2.22.14 | EDD 11.2.14 | DS 11.7.14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    so72409 said:

Love me some cards against humanity!! We played with my parents and siblings over thanksgiving. Wouldn't ya know it...my mom ended up winning!!!

We need this game!
  • Options

Staying home and eating lots of black eyed peas for lots of good luck in 2015!

My MIL just came over to cook black eyed peas for us!
    :(
    I don't like them but told her I would eat a little.

• Options
    We usually spend NYE at my Mom's or Dad's & hang out & play board games. This year, my brother & his girlfriend are coming over, so I voted stay home. In my old age, that's my idea of fun! :)
  • Options
    I'm going out... To my parents. My siblings will be there, and we play board games as a family. LO might crash in the PnP upstairs, but will likely have family members fighting over who gets to hold her all night!
  • Options
    I'll be definitely checking that out @KUinCBUS‌ ds1 will not be up to midnight! I don't want to suffer tomorrow!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    A friend of DHs gave us s big bottle of way too fancy champagne as a baby gift. So we are going to another friends house to drink it... And by drink it, I mean I will probably have one glass and feel drunk.They were just going to stay in (they have a LO too) and we were just going to stay in so it'll be nice, and probably over by 10.
    TTC 3/2012; IUI 2/26/14; EDD 11/23/14; DD born 11/21/14!!!
  • Options
    We're going to my sister in laws house, it's a kid friendly party. She just had her baby 5 days ago! So it's very low key haha
  • Options
    Our next door neighbor hosts a party every year, so we're going to that. Most of our neighborhood friends have kids DS1's age, so we'll do a countdown at 9pm and then I imagine most of us will leave. I may leave before that to get LO down, but DS1 has a late bedtime so he & DH will probably stick around.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Staying home -- Making trofie with salsa di noci (favorite pasta from Cinque Terre) and finally enjoying the bottle of champagne my sister got us for our 1st anniversary (we just celebrated our 5th).
    It's a girl! Due November 22, 2014
  • Options
    We are going to MILs house. She is watching BiLs kids so they can go out. She offered to keep LO but DH and I couldn't imagine ringing in the new year without her so we are just going to visit for a while then come back home.

Me 32 and DH 40

Fur-baby named Bella

1 MC Nov. 2013

DD born Nov. 2, 2014

Little 2 EDD Oct. 1 

• Options

Going out to a kids play date party tonight lol. The mom is making unhealthy foods for us adults while the kids run wild. Seriously living the crazy life over here ;)

I'm actually super pumped. :P

That sounds so fun. I need mom friends!
    My prince

My princess

Name my baby!
  • Options
    We're normally boring people who stay home and do nothing so I don't feel so bad about doing it this year... ordering in Chinese food tonight then watching some tv until midnight sounds good to me :)
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Me, FI, and LO are going to eat a nice steak dinner and then probably go to bed. Me and LO will probably ring in the new year in the rocking chair. SD decided she wanted to go to her grandmas so they can have grape juice at midnight. This is the first year FI has been home for New Years and wanted to spend it with her. Poor FI.
  • Options
    This is the first time in 5 years that DH and I aren't hosting NYE. It's become a huge tradition among our friends, so it's pretty bittersweet. Mostly sweet for me, though. :)
  • Options
    I voted SS because yes I'm staying home, but we are having people over. Both kids are spending the night at my parents' house! Looking forward to a kid free night!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Staying in but finally eating something with flavor! Baked ziti and low fat white chocolate, cranberry oat cookies!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
                                                   TTC Since 2009 
                                        BFP 1: Nov 2010 MMC at 5 Weeks
                  BFP 2: June 2010 First Round of Clomid Blighted Ovum at 7 weeks
         Surprise BFP 3: Feb 2014, Healthy Baby Boy Due October 27th 2014. OB thinks this is it!
  • Options
    We usually spend it together at home anyway, but this year my mom and grandmother will be with us as well. DH and I care for my grandmother as she has dementia and Alzheimers and mom stays with us to help us out with my grandmother a few days a week. I think we'll work on a puzzle or something super hardcore like that ;)

As for traditions, we will be starting this thing I saw on pintrest. I can't remember what it's called, but you set a jar out with bits of paper (or in my case, post-it's) and write down things that you are grateful for all year long. Then on New Years Eve the next year, you open the jar and read them all.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We're in OKC at my dads.. Ringing in the new year here but I'm most likely going to bed soon. LO has not slept all day.: except for the 3 hour drive to get here. Way too much stimulation for him. He's so tired but fighting his sleep all damn day. I'm worn out. Happy New Years to all you awesome ladies!
  • Options
    We went to a party at our friend's house. There were about 50 people and the three of us that have kids were all going to bring them. We ended up with the only kid there - the other two couples found sitters. It was a little weird to be there holding my baby while everyone was doing shots lol. She was the life of the party though! And I'd stashed enough pumped milk to have a couple of glasses of wine!!

• Options
    We went to a pajama party at a friend's house. There were only about 10 people there and it was super low-key with kids. Cam didn't want to sleep at all and staid up for 6 hours there, completely happy and cuddly. The only kid that made it to midnight :neutral_face:
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"