Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Where to sleep

Right now I have my 2 month old son sleeping in the pack and play next to our bed. We have a rock n play he takes naps in there. We were having him sleep in there when he was first born but it didn't work out he always seemed to slouch down. What and where do you have your LO sleeping? At what age did you start putting him to sleep in crib?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Where to sleep

• DS sleeps in his crib now but he slept in the PNP in our room until he was about 3.5 months old.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD moved to her crib in her room around 12 weeks.  DS was almost 7 mos before he slept in his crib in his room.  He had reflux and had a hard time sleeping at night.  Every kid is ready at a different stage.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I kicked my son into his own room a week after birth. Neither one of us sleep well if in the same room. He is in a rock and play at night.
  • We had him sleeping in a rock 'n' play next to our bed until he was about 2 months old. He was consistently sleeping through the night at that point, so we figured it was a good time to transition! We had a rough time for about three nights, as he would wake up and panic that he was in his own room in a big crib, but he has been sleeping in the crib ever since and does great. He is a little over 3 months old now!
  • bhk3bhk3 member
    edited December 2014
    Noob mom-to-be here with a question on terminology: When you are referring to a Rock n Play, is that basically any swing that rocks automatically, or is it a specific brand/type of swing? I just got this one and I'm assuming it counts as a RnP but wanted to double check:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MTXZ27W/ref=br_it_dp_o_nS_ttl?ie=UTF8&colid=1B523YQA91S4E&coliid=I1P1F7SY0LT7QX

Thanks in advance!

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • My DD is in a PnP next to the bed, she is 11.5 weeks right now. We tried the rock n play and HATED it.. We ended up returning it. DD loves her swing, she naps in there during the day. But we are keeping her in the PnP for now...(half the night she co sleeps with me still too...I love it and so does she so we figure we'll just keep doing what makes everyone happiest!)
    imageimageimageimage
  • DD was in the RnP in our room until she was back to her birth weight at 2 weeks. Then she moved to her crib in her room.
    Bfp #1: 2/20/2014 Baby girl born on 11/3/2014
    Anniversary

nov 2014 

• really needing to transition to her crib in her room before i return to work in a week and half.  she's almost 6 weeks

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • DD usually sleeps in a Rock n Play at night in her room. This is because she often spits up in her crib/PnP and sometimes chokes on it, which scares me. We have her in our room occasionally during rough nights, like when she got a cold and wanted to be held upright a lot.
  • All 4 were in the crib as soon as they got home

No periods due to 17 years of ballet and distance running after college.  Zero response to 2 months of Clomid, little response to Letrozole.  IUI left with 9 cysts = too many viable eggs due to age.  On to IVF.  Low dose of all meds still produced 37 mature eggs 12.6.11.  Froze due to overstimulation.  

FET #1.1 1.22.12 BFN.   FET #1.2 2.22.12=GRACE! (and a vanishing twin).  

Grace Katherine born 10.25.12 @ 36w6w 6#14oz 19.5".
    FET #1.3 3.2013 BFN FET#1.4 4.2013 BFN. Never tried a fresh transfer.  Let's try, despite 10 still frozen.  
    ER 6.26.13 27 mature eggs, slight overstim. ET   7.1.13 ectopic, FET 2.1  9.10.14   TRIPLETS!!  

Boys born 3.18.14 @ 29w5d.  Andrew Jack 3#6oz 16", Grant Robert 3#9oz 16", Charles Phillip 3#7oz 17".

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"