June 2015 Moms

A little pregnancy humor to end the year with.

I went for my routine 16w check-up with my OB and we were chatting about some of the funny things we have come across in our careers. (I'm a NICU nurse so the stories are just too good to be made up). We were talking about the height of my uterus and where it will be next visit and I joked that my belly button will pop soon. She told me that she was taking care of a young teenaged FTM, and got a frantic call from her (or the answering service) at 2am. The girl said, my belly button timer popped, why haven't I gone into labor yet? My doctor said it took everything in her to not crack up hysterically on the phone with this girl. So ladies, when your belly button timer pops, it's time for labor! =) Happy New Year!

Re: A little pregnancy humor to end the year with.

• This is going to sound stupid... but after a belly button "pops" does it go back in after? I've always loved my "innie", haha.

BFP#1: 8/5/14 EDD: 4/17/15 MC: 8/20/2014
    BFP#2: 10/10/14 EDD: 6/23/15 Grow, Baby. Grow!!

J15 January Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Mine hasn't popped but it's flat already. I like calling it a belly button timer.
  • Mine also just got realllllllly flat and went back to normal post-delivery.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Haha, well mine never popped and I went into labour early! Wth?!? ;)
  • Thanks for the laugh! Some stories can't be made up.
  • Lol that's too cute!

Random fact: My belly button has never popped even though I get HUGE

Lol!! That's too funny!

And willowpriness, I was the same way. I got HUGE with both kids and my belly button never popped. It just looked like I didn't have a belly button.

January Siggy Challenge

pinterest fails - Google Search

• cnoelle92 said:
    Lol that's too cute!

Lol!! That's too funny!

And willowpriness, I was the same way. I got HUGE with both kids and my belly button never popped. It just looked like I didn't have a belly button.

The craziest thing was I still had an innie! My belly button must be super deep.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • cnoelle92 said:
    Lol that's too cute!

Lol!! That's too funny!

The craziest thing was I still had an innie! My belly button must be super deep.

I seriously had like no belly button. As I got more into my third trimester it just poof, disappeared. There was seriously just like a little dot lol.

January Siggy Challenge

pinterest fails - Google Search

• Same here, huge but never popped. I really wanted it to. lol
    Too funny about swapping stories with your OB. Poor girl! lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had tons of abdominal surgeries so my belly button never popped because of scar tissue. But my cousins flipped inside out so it looked like a puckered button, so I am glad mine never did.
  • matiekae said:

This is going to sound stupid... but after a belly button "pops" does it go back in after? I've always loved my "innie", haha.

@matiekae‌ mine popped and it went back to being an innie afterwards:)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"