April 2015 Moms
Options

Excessive Fetal Growth

Just a question has anyone been told this and what was caused. Should I be concerned?

Re: Excessive Fetal Growth

• Options
    The only thing I know is that GD can lead to big babies.  Other than that, I've got nothin'.  Sorry.
    January Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Also...at 24-28w my kids were a little ahead of the curve.  Things really took off after 28w. 

I would hope you are on track for getting growth scans at 32ish and 36ish weeks. 

Fundal height is NOT a good way to determine baby size - so if that is what they are doing...well, that's nuts to tell you "excessive fetal growth". 

Also - I was never told "excessive fetal growth".  it is called macrosomic fetus - but that isn't diagnosed really until you have a birth weight.

DD 7/2010, DS 3/2012, #3 due 4/24/2015

• Options
    All 3 of my kids had excessive growth judging by what fundal height I had, therefore my dr would always do u/s to check more accurately for size. My last was induced at 39 weeks because they were concerned with size and she came out to be 10 lbs and I had no issues delivering her.
  • Options
    I know my little guy is a couple weeks ahead, or was as of the 20 week ultrasound. The doctor wasn't very concerned, but I am scheduled for a follow up ultrasound in a couple weeks to see where we are at. If he's measuring even bigger then we'll determine a course of action (change the due date, talk about C-section, etc.), but most likely, in my case at least, there's nothing to worry about or adjust.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"