June 2015 Moms
Options

want to be excited, but cannot

I'm 18 weeks and am no longer with my son's father. We have a 17 month as well.. he was cheating on me and proceeded to tell me he was with me all this time bc he pitied me.. I work full time.. I want to be happy about this baby but can't seem to get past everything else without losing it. Be it scared , angry, hurt, overwhelmed. .he says I use my pregnancy as an excuse for being emotional. I sit at home every night try not to cry because when I cry my son wakes up and cries.. he never wakes up otherwise.. I have yet to stop smoking completely. .I'm beyond stressed. Sometimes I just want a hug, someone to hold while I cry.. no one is there .. new years is tm.. I'm working, then going to an empty house.. I'd prefer to be numb right now, but it's not an option... any words of wisdom or am I just being pathetic?

Re: want to be excited, but cannot

• Options
    I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. Is there anyone you could confide in? Your mom? After a break up I couldn't get myself together and started seeing a counselor. A wonderful choice for me cause I had pre existing issues to deal with, but it never hurts to get help from an outside perspective.

Try going out for new years, take yourself out. Have the lil one? Take him too- have a good time.

I hope this helped and am truly sorry that you are going through this. It is never easy.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby June Bug is due June 5, 2015
    [[Our first, our little surprise]]
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Because the PP said it beautifully just wanted to send you some creepy internet ((hugs)). Hang in there mate.

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: June 10th 2015 ~ Aussie Bumpie~FTM

** June 2015 ~ January Siggy - Pinterest Fails**

• Options
    Hey. Your ex sounds pretty cruel, you don't need that negativity in your life. Consider his cheating on you a favor because now that you see the type of person he is you can save yourself years of heartache in the future. Still I can't imagine being in your situation but I believe in the strength that comes with truly difficult times and you will persevere. It's good you're reaching out here but as someone above suggested I think a good counselor can help you get in a better place. I started seeing one when I first found out I was pregnant because I was newly sober and didn't think I could handle it. I wanted an abortion but at the same time felt guilty and terrified and even a little suicidal... I'm not saying it's a magic fix but sometimes having an unbiased, objective, trained person there to help guide you is the difference between feeling completely hopeless to seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. He/she can probably help you quit smoking too. I'm in a completely different mindset now and feel like I can handle whatever curveball life throws at me and I've learned to
    Appreciate the beauty that is pregnancy, planned or not.
  • Options
    I'm so sad for you that you're going through this heartbreak right now. He did a terrible thing, and you have every right to feel sad, or angry, or overwhelmed...I too have sought out therapy after going through a really tough split with an ex, and I found it very helpful to gain new perspectives and find ways to take care of myself that are healthy and nourishing. Plus, it makes such a difference to be able to talk openly with someone who is there to listen to you and help you navigate this, so you are not alone. Do you have any friends or family around too that could help out, even if it's to come over and help cook dinner with you or sit and talk? Maybe even doing something distracting like watching a movie? I hope you take care of yourself - you certainly deserve it!
     FTM - EDD 6/26/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I can't imagine :( Sending hugs and hoping you can reach out to a friend or family member to give you some love and support. Once a toxic relationship ends, the healing and rebuilding begins. You can do this. But don't let anyone make you feel bad for not being all glitter and rainbows about being pregnant right now, it's not a realistic expectation given what you're going through, and has ZERO bearing on how much you'll love your child.

image  image
  • Options
    My ex left me with four kids a few years back right before the holidays as well. He had been cheating on my with a coworker for quite some time and basically dropped us like a bad habit. I held it together during the day for the kids and cried myself to sleep every night. Talking to friends family and finally a therapist got me out of it and helped me stay strong.

You don't deserve this and you are a strong woman and mom. You will get through this and be in a much happier place. I am sending creepy internet stranger hugs too...
  • Options
    I don't have any words of wisdom but I wanted to say you are not pathetic; you are hurting for good reason and shouldn't feel bad for that. It is ok to feel the way you feel, but I suggest like PPs have that seeing a counselor would be a good step - just to talk to someone about everything you're going through and have some support. Best wishes to you!
    ~January Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails~
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BFP October 2, 2014
    EDD June 7, 2015
    ~ triathlete ~ craft beer enthusiast (on hiatus, obviously) ~ runner ~
  • Options
    So sorry you are going through this! Big hugs to you mama. And remember, this too shall pass.
  • Options
    You definitely aren't being pathetic. I can't imagine what it must feel to go through that. I have an almost 18 month myself and know how mentally consuming that is already!

I wish you good luck and hope you can find some peace and happiness soon.
  • Options
    You are not pathetic.

Holidays are tough, but eventually I think you will realize you are better off without him.

Pregnancy under the best circumstances has its ups & downs, in the worst of times it would be very tough. Don't be hard on yourself.

Agree with the other posters, reach out to your fam & friends. If you don't have any close by: force yourself to go get a counsellor. It will help & keep you sane!:)

Hugs <3
  • Options
    You're not the pathetic one in this scenario. He is. 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Options
    Screw him, you deserve better.  

I can't imagine going through a breakup while pregnant. I'm sorry you're going through this. You deserve a good cry, even if its in your car after work. Crying is cathartic. 
    I hope you have some family to lean on. 

Good luck and you will come out of this stronger. 
    I'm 31 with PCOS and He's 30 with no issues. 
    Together since 08.11.2007
    BFP 09.23.2014 EDD 06.04.2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Sence being pregnant I have horriable crying this is my third child my two boys when I cry they have learned compassion and come tell me everything will be ok it is ok to show your little one your hurting just give your little a chance and if they see you cry boys should learn it is ok to show emotions I know it can be hard I was in your shoes my first pregnancy but life gets better just worry about you and littles and baby and do t worry about him let him talk you will find the right person when the time is right lots of hope and hugs
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"