Toddlers: 24 Months+

BC Options

I've had the copper IUD since DS was a three months old (he's 2 1/2 now) and I'm really not enjoying it. Does anyone have suggestions on bc that they have liked or disliked and why? TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: BC Options

• I've had the Mirena for about 5 months and have had good luck with it.  Didn't care for the insertion, but after that haven't had any issues. I love not having to worry about taking a pill. 
  • I used to use NuvaRing and loved it.

At some point, we will do something permanent (probably don't need it, but want to turn my brain off of thinking about pregnancy/fertility/etc). We are debating between Essure or vasectomy.

Wedding Fall 2007 Off OCP's since 9/08-started with BBT charts Saw Ob/gyn May 2009 Blood work normal except single copy of MTHFR Clomid 50mg May 2009 Clomid 50mg + IUI June 2009 Femara 5mg + IUI July 2009 Normal HSG July 2009 Femara 5mg + ovidrel+IUI August 2009 Femara 5mg +ovidrel + IUI September 2009 November 2009-normal lap December 2009-met with RE December/January-Injectible med cycle with IUI-Abnormal sperm morpology found-only 0-1% normal All Head defects. Jan/Feb 2010 1st IVF with ICSI-5 week chemical pregnancy :( Feb 2010-male infertility doc says DH's anatomy and blood work are normal so nothing he can do. :( FET July 2010-BFP! Twin m/c @ 5.5 wks :( Dec/Jan 2011 IVF #2 Only 4 eggs retrieved-Ganirelix dose messed up BFFN Feb/March 2011 IVF #3 ER 3/9 9 eggs, 7 fertilized, ET 3/14, No frosties. BFN IVF #4 ER 8/22 9R,7F ET 8/25-3 embies, 1 frostie! Beta 9/2= 54, 9/6=274, 9/8=625, 9/12=2953, 9/16 greater than 10,000. B/G TWINS born April 2012 @ 36wks & 1 day! July 2014-going back for the frozen embryo! ET 7/28, heartbeat seen at 6wks1day with SCH. Miscarriage confirmed at 6wks4days

• Loading the player...
  • I had Mirena put in after I had DS and just removed earlier this year so we can TTC.  I loved it.  I'm a giant baby and the insertion was NBD, same for removal.  The only annoying thing was I did have consistent spotting for maybe 2 months or so after having it put in BUT I didn't have a period after that.  Nothing.  It was great.  
  • Are you looking for permanent or temporary BC? I had the Essure procedure done last summer. I had mild cramping afterwards and some painful ovulations and periods the first 2-3 months, but now I have no complaints.
    imageimage
  • I love the Mirena (no periods, got pregnant the next month after removal to ttc, insertion/removal not fun but not painful) and had good experiences with the nuva ring as well (I cycled it so I didn't have periods, but it was *way* more expensive though at $50/month and required getting a prescription filled every 3 months). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"