Baby Names

Do you like Brynn?

We really like the name Brynn. (For a girl) But wondered what others think of the name? Also any ideas on a middle name that sounds nice with Brynn? Thanks for your help!!!

Re: Do you like Brynn?

• I'm not really fond of Brynn but it's just nms.

Brynn Juliet
    Brynn Annelise
    Brynn Madeleine
    Brynn Serafina
    Brynn Josephine
    Brynn Eleanor
    Brynn Olivia
    Brynn Eloise
    Brynn Isabelle
    Brynn Amèlie
    Brynn Lucille
    Brynn Abigail
    Brynn Marguerite
    Brynn Julianne
  • NAC YDY!!!!!!

I'll even translate that for you : NO!

A big massive bilingual NO

It is a man's name - Male, Masculine, For a Man, anyway you want to say it, it is a man's name and should never ever ever be used for a Girl - EVER

And while I am at it - Bryn is also the word for 'hill' in Welsh - don't go around adding extra N's. Would you do that to an English noun? Then please to not do it to one of the oldest languages still in use in Europe

• Loading the player...
  • Prefer Brenna.
    Started adoption process in Jan. 2011.
    3 failed matches in 2012.
    Surprise pregnancy in Aug. 2012.
    Precious baby boy "HC" born May 2013.
    Began researching EA in 2014.
    No longer pursuing EA due to fibroid complications.
    Officially on the adoption home study wait list.

• I like Brynn, but it doesn't get much love here.

Brynn Elizabeth
    Brynn Alexandra
    Brynn Danielle
    Brynn Isabella
    Brynn Adriana
    Brynn Wilhemina
    Brynn Therese

• I don't like Brynn at all. I much prefer Brianna or something more feminine.
  • I know an adorable Brynn, so it gets a yes from me
  • benmel31benmel31 member
    edited December 2014
    I do like Brynn, but I would never use it.  

I think it needs a longer, feminine mn.
    Brynn Violet
    Brynn Amelia
    Brynn Anastasia
    Brynn Juliet
    Brynn Eliza/Elizabeth
    Brynn Susannah

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• It doesn't get much live here but I like it.

Brynn Paulina
    Brynn Evangeline
    Brynn Camille
    Brynn Fiona
    Brynn Marie
    Brynn Cosette

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I agree that it's a 'meh' name for me. Nothing especially interesting or engaging about it. 

That said, it's perfectly nice and normal which is a big plus in my book. I like the idea of a more "fufilling" middle name.
    The Journey of a Thousand Miles begins with One Step.

1998 Ovarian Cancer Survivor. 7 Miscarriages: 6w, 13w2d, 4w2d, 7w4d (DD's twin), 5w. Failed Tubal after c/s (!!): 5w2d, 6w4d

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I absolutely love Brynn and considered it for our DD. I know I'm in the minority though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The only Bryn I know is a middle aged British man. This is a man's name that someone thought they could make feminine by adding an extra N to the end. Pass.
  • Thanks for all the great suggestions! I'm okay with it not getting much love. I did ask for opinions, so that's what I got. I was aware it's a Male name in Europe. But that doesn't matter to me. In fact, I like that it's masculine and pairing it with something super feminine is a great idea. I agree it needs a multiple syllable middle name. I really like many of the ones you all suggested. Thanks!!!
  • NOPE.

I don't like the sound of it... Middle name it?
  • I love the name Brynn!
  • Well it's nothing to get angry about, relax! LoL
    Just a personal preference. It's what my husband and I like. I also like girl names for boys! My husbands name is Cary, and I love that. I don't think Brynn is super masculine. My point was that it sounds nice with a really feminine middle name. I think more bc it's simplicity than masculinity. I understand for those from Europe it seems to carry a masculine, old man type imagine. But in American, where I live, I absolutely do not believe that to be true .
  • My point was that it sounds nice with a really feminine middle name. I think more bc it's simplicity than masculinity. I understand for those from Europe it seems to carry a masculine, old man type imagine. But in American, where I live, I absolutely do not believe that to be true .

It does not "seem to carry a masculine etc" as it is a MANS name, just because you want it to be feminine does not make it so.
    Bryn is a man's name no matter what way you paint it.

Some names are one sex somewhere and another elsewhere (such as Andrea, Elan, Manon)
    Some names have made the 'jump' (Shannon, Marion etc) (some may not like the fact that this has occurred but it is long standing)
    Some names are both (Evelyn) Others have different spellings (Francis/Frances)
    But Bryn does not fall into those groups.

If you like boys names on girls then okay fine, that is a VERY different conversation. But did you not read my 2 nd part of my first post? You are spelling a noun incorrectly. I'll just start spelling them : Autumnn, Fridgee, Treee, Televisionn, Hilll, Buss. See? Does that look wrong to you? It should, that is why you can not spell Bryn with two n's.

• DawnJM25DawnJM25 member
    edited January 2015
    I know a little Brynja (pronounced Bryn-ya, with the two dots over the J).  Her nn is Bryn.  One of the parents is Swedish and says Brynja is a traditional FEMALE Swedish name.  Regardless of which gender Bryn falls under, it's nms.
  • I am naming my daughter Brynn and everyone that hears it likes it. It you haven't noticed by now, it gets a lot of hate on this forum. I just can't picture it on a man, there are plenty of unisex names that I think work for both but not everyone feels the same.For example, my name is Aja, it's considered unisex but I just don't find it appealing on a man. If you absolutely love the name, use it. :) Good luck finding a middle name that you love, I am having a hell of a time!
  • I'll be another minority. I like it. But I also have a boy real name myself
  • Ya, I've never heard of him. Nor do I care. I am neither Indian nor Czech and it is in fact a REAL name. There are also women with the name Brynn, but I will spare everyone all of their pictures.
    I don't understand why there are always snotty responses by certain posters to people's opinions on names, when that is exactly what other posters are asking. Apparently some of you are self proclaimed baby name experts and have to try and prove yourselves all the time, I however, just give my honest opinion about how I feel about a name and go on my way.
  • I think it's a really cute name. It's Bethenny's daughters name from RHONY, but that's not the first time I've heard it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    EDD: 4/23/15   Team Pink!!!
  • My name is Brynne and I love it. Not common at all and everyone hears and it says they love my name. My middle name is Summer. I think it definitely needs to be a two syllable middle name since Brynn is only one syllable. I vote yes for the name
  • @Joy2611‌ - ha! Whaaaat do you know about being polite?!
    It's one thing to voice your opinion on a name (which I asked for). But you've taken it a whole step further. Relaaaaax, we GET you don't like the name. Move on to another post. Being RUDE to a poster who actually has the name is a bit much.
  • tlongtlong member
    edited January 2015
    Yikes. Total minority but I love it. DD's middle name is Brynn and I think it flows beautifully.
    Little Dude - Connor Michael 6/8/09
    Angel Face - Mya Brynn 12/9/11
    imageimage
  • I'm not a fan.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • but then I also recently learned that about my own name, which is apparently still masculine in Wales.

@Bluebird44‌

My interest in peaked
    Common welsh name or not ?
    Obviously Welsh or not?
    Ellis?

(as I sit here in the land of my fathers)

• Absolutely LOVE the name Brynn!!!! It's on our girl name list too. I work with kids and two girls are named Brynn - with the double n. If we use the name, it will be Brynn Sophia (MN is a family name).
  • We really like the name Brynn. (For a girl) But wondered what others think of the name? Also any ideas on a middle name that sounds nice with Brynn? Thanks for your help!!!

Brynn is my very favorite name!!! My husbands mother passed away a few years ago and we are going to name our child with a b name after her. Brynn was my top choice for a girl til I realized it rhymes with my last name. Was sooo disappointed!!! Now considering Britt
  • @pipeTsquared‌, I'm not sure how common of a Welsh name it is. I always knew it was Welsh, but I've enjoyed reading the BMB recently and learning more about the etymology of names, so I just looked up some more info about my own name recently! I feel a bit strange outright posting my name (Internet security and all), but I share the same first name as the main character in Grey's Anatomy. :)
    Ahh - got it. 
    I can honestly say I have never met a Meredith in Wales. 

• I like Brynn, but preferably for a middle name.  How about Brenna or Brina?
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• We really like the name Brynn. (For a girl) But wondered what others think of the name? Also any ideas on a middle name that sounds nice with Brynn? Thanks for your help!!!
    I love it! I also love Brinley (so many variations of spelling) which could also be shortened to Brynn.

Pregnancy Ticker

• I would be pretty pissed if my middle name was something beautiful like these suggested names(Juliet, Evangeline, etc) with such a bland first name.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"