Baby Showers

Registry Recommendations

Curious on how many stores it is typical to register at and if people have favorites. Buy Buy Baby is most convenient for us, so I have registered there but curious if people typically register at more than one store or if one is sufficient. My mom is pestering me that I need to register at more stores than one because not everyone has a Buy Buy Baby nearby (though there is one within 5 miles of where my shower is). 

Also, do people have any experiences (positive / negative) with Target or Amazon for baby registries? Thanks!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Registry Recommendations

• It's fine to keep it simple with just one registry. People who don't have a BBB nearby and don't want to order online don't have to shop from your registry.
  • I registered at BRU & Target with no issues. If you only want to register at BBB then do that. People can always look up your registry online and purchase online or at another store if they wish.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Loading the player...
  • We have one at BRU and Target. The original plan was to only do one at BRU, but we have several family members who don't have a BRU near them but they do live close to a Target. So we did two only for that reason. If you only want to do one, then just do one.
  • Do not register at Target. What a nightmare. 

I registered at Babies R Us and Amazon.com. 
    Agreed. Target was a nightmare for me as well. I did BRU which was cool because my guests had the option of picking up its at Toys R Us as well.
  • Thanks for the suggestions. Just curious on those of you who had a bad experience at Target, why was that? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • No experience with Target. We registered at BRU and on Amazon. Having both was convenient and allowed people to shop in store or online based on the perference.
  • I have a Target and BRU registry. I haven't had any problems with Target. I also have never heard of BBB before joining TB, so I would probably give guests a couple of options, in case they are unfamiliar with BBB. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had no issues with Amazon. I also registered for a few small things at BBB, but mostly the prices were better at Amazon.
  • We have one at Target and BRU. 99% at Target. The problem I have with Target is stuff is in stock then suddenly out of stock for weeks then back in stock for a day. It's a headache. Then I look at the same stuff at BBB and it ALL in stock...grr
    Baby Nolan  is on his way! EDD 2/22/15 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • sunset30 said:
    Thanks for the suggestions. Just curious on those of you who had a bad experience at Target, why was that?  

Their customer service is AWFUL, and their return policies are the worst. 
    This.  I didn't register there for the baby, but I threw a shower for a friend who did.  She didn't get a microwave, but she did have a hard time with returns.  A cousin had a similar experience with their wedding registry.

I love Buy Buy Baby, but the nearest one for us is an hour away.  I made a private registry there for the discount, because I love the store and selection.  We are telling people who ask that we are registered at Babies R Us (because we wanted to have a local option) and Amazon.  Amazon is awesome, and people can buy things for you elsewhere and mark them as purchased on your registry. 

I didn't want to just register at Amazon because I don't always plan ahead very well and I appreciate having a last minute option when I attend baby showers.  But of course, nobody has to buy off the registry, anyway.
  • We were going to do BRU and Target…Target was a nightmare out of the gate.  Their kick backs were awful, could never get things right on registry, etc.  I ended up moving everything to BRU.  Its been super easy, people can order online if they don't have one near them.  Also BRU price matches so if its cheaper at Target, Walmart, Amazon, etc. they can just show it to them and they will match it.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Jan Siggy Challenge: April 2015

image  image

Started dating: 7/4/00
    Married: 6/9/07
    TTC #1: 7/14
    BFP: 8/9/14

• We are registered at Amazon and BRU. We don't have a BBB within 200 miles of us; I had never heard of the store before the Bump. We registered at Target for our wedding in March and that experience made me not want to use them again. Things wouldn't get marked off and items went in a and out of stock too frequently. Returns were easy, but I didn't like the simple fact that I had to return two sets of champagne glasses simply because they kept showing as unpurchased on the registry!
  • We did BRU and Target. We don't have any baby stores near me. I too had troubles with Target. Most of the baby items were online only and I had missing items and delayed shipping. Customer service is in India. Only troubles with BRU was a few things going out of stock.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We just registered at BRU, the nearest BBB is like an hour away but I love that store too. We registered at Target for our wedding and when we checked online after spending a couple hours registering in the store everything was wrong, nothing was on there that we picked and they were horrible when we tried to return something.
    For SuzyQ0525 and all the loss moms.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

March 2015 Siggy Challenge - Animals being jerks

• I've never had any issues with returning items at Target. I didn't even register there but returned a few items. Their policy is that you can receive cash for any returns up to $100 a year. Anything over that was given in store credit.
  • I registered at Target for both my wedding and baby shower. I never had any problems with them.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"