2nd Trimester

Car Seat / Stroller Compatibility Question

utopiaqueenutopiaqueen member
edited December 2014 in 2nd Trimester
Hello beautiful gals!

I may be posting this in the wrong place, but thought I'd start here!

My amazing sister gave us her old 2010 Bob Revolution SE stroller along with the travel case and car seat adapter (model CS0701) found here: https://www.amazon.com/BOB-Infant-Adapter-Single-Strollers/dp/B000OS3AP0.

DH and I went to Babies r Us to try out car seats to ensure they fit before we buy one or add it to our registry, and not one on the market fit securely. The staff told us our adapter and stroller were old and out of date, and suggested we buy a new stroller, which made me laugh. Both are perfectly fine, and the adapter is still sold on amazon with lots of great reviews.

Upon reviewing the compatibility chart and user comments on amazon, there are many car seats we tried that should've fit just fine. After much research, I found that my sister didn't have the restraint belt included, which I think is what we need to secure the car seats into place. Can anyone confirm this?

The adapter should work with Graco Snugride 30 & 32, Britax B Safe, and Chicco Key fit 30, among others, but these were sliding all over in the store without the belt. Thanks in advance!
"Because you are alive, everything is possible." 

"Smile, breathe, and go slowly." 

-Thich Nhat Hanh

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Car Seat / Stroller Compatibility Question

• Actually, the metal bar is the adapter with the belt on there for additional safety...

This is a pretty reputable, well known and we'll liked stroller.

Thanks for the input, though.

-Thich Nhat Hanh

Pregnancy Ticker

• I'd get a snap-n-go and save that stroller for non-carseat use.

DD 7/2010, DS 3/2012, #3 due 4/24/2015

• Loading the player...
  • I have a Bob and you do need the red strap to keep your car seat from sliding around. If yours doesn't have it, why not contact BOB for a replacement? I am sure they can send you one. They have great customer service.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yeah, I will just buy a brand new infant car seat adapter for it that comes with all of the attachments.  This adapters are highly ranked and work great, they just now make specifically designed adapters for each of the brands (one for Graco, one for Britax, one for Chicco, etc) to hold them in securely, and these are all tested and reviewed for safety.  I just think that my sister has an outdated adapter, but the stroller is in good shape and plenty of people (hundreds, if not thousands on amazon) use an infant car seat adapter with it.

Bob and Britax even sell them on their website, and amazon sells them with plenty of positive reviews specifically saying how safe and secure they are.  Mine just didn't fit properly, so I was questioning what I was doing wrong.  I just think I have an outdated adapter.

-Thich Nhat Hanh

Pregnancy Ticker

• Also, just to clarify, I live in the Pacific Northwest where we are outdoors a lot - we go hiking at minimum once a week, and love to go out in the snow.  This stroller will work better in those conditions than a basic snap n go, so we're set on using the Bob for everyday use.

-Thich Nhat Hanh

Pregnancy Ticker

• I would just buy a new adapter (which it sounds like you've decided to do). I don't see why you would need a whole new stroller.

I also live the pacific NW :)

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• We have the same stroller but never have used the adapter. We used this stroller when our children were able to sit in the seat. We LOVE it but for errands/mall trips/etc it isn't the best as it is big and has no basket.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Thank you so much for all of the input.  I am planning to wear my baby for as long as I can when I go grocery shopping, but well have to figure something out when they are too big to wear so that I can go grocery shopping and actually have room to store the groceries!  I have heard that is the only big negative of the bob - lack of storage space for shopping!

-Thich Nhat Hanh

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"