2nd Trimester
Options

Nipple Pain

Hi, FTM looking for ANY sort of advice when it comes to nipple pain. I experienced a ton of pain in the first tri with boob aches in general and wear a sports bra to bed pretty much every night. Now it seems to have shifted to my nipples. I'm talking sheer pain. Very sensitive and they feel like they are on fire. Is this common? Are there and remedies?
All help is appreciated!!

Re: Nipple Pain

• Options
    Im a FTM, too so I dont really have advice on the matter. But when I started having nipple pain, I started leaking a little and I think they were directly related (for me atleast).
  • Options
    Mine has come and gone the entire pregnancy. I just take a Tylenol and wear a sports bra and try not to get cold, seems worse when they are cold.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It could be normal growing pains or something more like Raynauds of the nipple...vasospasms can cause what I call "flaming nipples".  I didn't know I had it until my 1st was 8w old and nursing was excruciating and my nips turned white while nursing then "burned" for a while.  ihad the pains while pregnant and didn't know it wasn't normal.

treat with warmth, keep the breasts warm and dry

if it is really bad, there is a medicine that may help, but it is a BP med that you may not be OK to take.  I did it after baby #2 b/c I needed BP meds anyways. 

https://www.breastfeedinginc.ca/content.php?pagename=doc-V-RP

DD 7/2010, DS 3/2012, #3 due 4/24/2015

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"