October 2014 Moms

New Years Resolution...

Let's hear it...do you have a New Years resolution?
Do you remember what it was last year and did you do it?
Or do you think it's all so silly?

Re: New Years Resolution...

• Loading the player...
  • Add me to the party that think resolutions are ridiculous. Why wait until the beginning of a year to improve upon yourself?

• Oh yeah. Lose weight. I know it's cliche but damn I need to lose like 60ish lbs. I'm huge right now. I plan to start out walking a 5k 3x week while DD is at preschool. And cutting back on all the sugar I eat.

But I will not give up my daily coffee. NEVER!!

at least cutting out sugar is a good plan. I don't like when people say they're going gluten free or drinking shakes instead of eating food.  @-)

Bahaha. No way. I can't do that shit. I do so good for 90% of the day. My downfall is dessert. Man I love cookies and pie. But I'm not so hardcore that I won't eat fruit because it has sugar in it. Fruits and veggies are fair game to me.

image         image

• The typical loose weight... Although I have been working on that anyway, didn't need a new year for that. H and I are both going to do the sugar detox.. its not so much a new years resolution but changing how we live and cutting out some of the things our bodies do not need.  I want to get some of this weight off before we try for #2 which I would like to do in 2015. I want to get below pre-preg weight.  I need to get my shit together and get into better habits before getting pregnant again. I don't want to gain 45 lbs the next time around. 

H and I make personal goals, financial goals, family goals.  Not so much resolutions as our goal setting for the next year and beyond to keep us on track with where we want to be.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image
  • Lose 15-20 lbs. I really don't want to buy a new wardrobe and I being thinner makes me feel very confident and attractive (my feminist self just TP'd me but it's true)

Also finish some weavings which is my new hobby.
  • I have the same redic resolution half joke idea every year... To work out enough to have a rockin bikini body! I think it's time to move on.
  • Damnit it cut off the other half of my reply with this pos phone. I want to make a year of great memories!
  • Oh I have another one: go to the Mummers parade!!!! I've lived in and around Philly my whole life and have NEVER gone. I'm sure I won't be too hungover this year..
  • Mine is make the time to exercise a priority atleast 3 days a week. I would love to lose weight, but mainly I need to exercise to be in a good place mentally.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have way too many. Here are some:

1. Take family walks after dinner at least 4 nights per week
    2. Get outside every weekend and go camping at least once seasonally
    3. Stop drinking calories!!!
    4. Limit kid TV to one program per day or none at all (this will be SO hard)
    5. No phones when kids are awake (also SO hard)
    imageimage
  • Add me to the party that think resolutions are ridiculous. Why wait until the beginning of a year to improve upon yourself?

I usually feel this way, but as the new year is coming right as I'm starting to try to have a "normal" life again, I am all for resolutions.

Mine are to get back into an active lifestyle (I swam a lot during pregnancy, but didn't run anymore and haven't done either since baby was born) and to actively find great outings for my family to bond through and have fun doing.
  • I have a lot because I'm super Type A and if I don't have tasks to check off at the end of the day I won't accomplish things. Some of this years:
    - meet my Fitbit goals for steps/cals
    - give up soda (again)
    - not snap at DH (I've been bitchy lately)
    - write at least 250 words every day
    - read the bible in a year
  • Lay off the pop
    Exercise more- I want my kids, especially my daughter to see me being active.. I was a chubby kid and preteen and not in a cute way.. I want to show my kids healthier habits.. as I sit on the floor right now ;) but its a goal for this year.. be for I got pregnant I had done a few 5ks and im looking forward to getting back to that..

Be more patient, save more money, eat less Wendy's... feel less like tping my husband all the time.. stuff like that..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"