Baby Names

For Fun - short list with our son

I am a terrible poster. I acknowledge this and apologize. But I thought it would be interesting to see which of our name choices you guys would have picked. Our son is 17 months old, so too late to change (not that we want to!), but I don't think I ever posted our choices on here before. Plus they may come into play with a future child. We knew his middle name would be Allan (family name). First name choices were (in alphabetical order):

Caleb
Jackson nn Jack
Jacob nn Jake
Lucas nn Luke
Nicholas nn Nick

If you want to play along, I promise to take no insult if you don't like the name we actually chose. (And don't cheat and look through old posts to see what we chose.) Thanks to anyone who wants to play along as it may help with a future name!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: For Fun - short list with our son

• I like the way Lucas sounds with Allan the best I think (so no help for future names really). Without knowing the middle name I think Caleb is my favorite. I wouldn't have chosen Jackson with Allan (because of the -n endings to both) but I like the name.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I really like them all with the exception of Jackson although I LOVE Jack. Jackson is to trendy for my taste. I vote Jacob Allan.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Lucas!

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

BFP #2:12/18/14 EDD: 8/27/14 Beta #1 (16 DPO): 50 Beta #2 (18 DPO): 54 CP: 12/25/14 at 5w0d

Names | Blog | Chart

Formally LisaG09

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• I like them all, though I'm starting to think Jackson is being overdone. That said, it's a family name on DH's side, so it has meaning for us.
  • I like Lucas Allan best.
    Started adoption process in Jan. 2011.
    3 failed matches in 2012.
    Surprise pregnancy in Aug. 2012.
    Precious baby boy "HC" born May 2013.
    Began researching EA in 2014.
    No longer pursuing EA due to fibroid complications.
    Officially on the adoption home study wait list.

• I would have voted for Lucas Allan.

• Thanks all! We chose Lucas Allan. All the others remain on our list for a future son, although I am thinking of removing Jackson due to popularity. Lucas has already become more popular than I like (it has really spiked since we chose it).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Would have chosen Lucas.

BFP: 09/13/13  ---  MMC: 10/25/13
    BFP: 12/25/13  ---  DD: 09/10/14
    BFP: 03/16/15  ---  EDD: 11/30/15

• Nicholas then Jacob
  • Just luke
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"