Cloth Diapering

Wash Routine Survey

RJM050705RJM050705 member
edited December 2014 in Cloth Diapering
Another random FB thingy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Wash Routine Survey

• we got a mix up.  My internet is satalite  and SUPER slow and I couldn't figure out how to delete comments!
    Love at first sight is easy to understand; it's when two people have been looking at each other for a lifetime that it becomes a miracle. ~Amy Bloom
  • TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Really?  I spent a lot of time in this group in the past and everyone was super nice back then. :(  

A variety of responses would really help - particularly if you use a method different than FL recommends.  
  • RJM050705 said:
    Really?  I spent a lot of time in this group in the past and everyone was super nice back then. :(  

A variety of responses would really help - particularly if you use a method different than FL recommends.  
    It's not that we don't want to do the survey. It's that I have to do my job, and that is to keep spam off the board. I edited the comment and it does violate the TOU as it does not pertain to TB, it's for an outside group. We are all very nice people and give good advise. Don't take it personally, I'm just doing my job.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • No one is asking you to be part of the group...  I'm really sorry if you've felt shamed by any members or admins.  That is definitely not the goal of the group.

The admins read through the thread posted on this board and took that feedback into consideration when designing the updated survey - particularly a broader cross section.  Which is nearly impossible to get if it can't be shared in other groups without it being deleted or having original posted edited.
  • RJM050705 said:
    Really?  I spent a lot of time in this group in the past and everyone was super nice back then. :(  

It's not that we don't want to do the survey. It's that I have to do my job, and that is to keep spam off the board. I edited the comment and it does violate the TOU as it does not pertain to TB, it's for an outside group. We are all very nice people and give good advise. Don't take it personally, I'm just doing my job.
    Would you mind directing me to the TOU that specify that?  Would a post be edited the same way if it was a survey by a CD retailer?  Not trying to be snarky, just want to be clear on what violates TOU!  
  • The multiple posts are annoying, but if we are going to complain about the survey being inaccurate, I guess it makes sense to respond.

However, I don't get why this FL Science whatever is trying to make a one size fits all... Everyone has different water and washers and dipes and detergents... It seems like y'all are focusing on only one or two aspects of someone wash routine. And the survey doesn't touch on how frequently you change your kid, how hydrated they are, tons of random things that could technically affect this ammonia buildup that you seem to be focused on. FWIW, our dipes are clean, we use Tide to the 1, and the only time we had a problem was when I accidentally used a whole scoop of Tide with our wash routine. 

Dx: Vasa Previa w/DS1
    **Tinymin born 8/14 @35w1d**
    "Annnnnnd you win the award for best SN evar." -LindsRockies

imageimage
  • Many of us have been attacked one way or another by members of this group. I myself have had disagreements with an admin on another CD group. I love what your trying to do, but those of us who have our own knowledge get talked down to a lot. That is why a lot of us enjoy it here, as we are all very like minded. I think your survey is good, but TB is not the place for it. I'm so sorry. I can't make acceptions for you, as that would look poorly on me as a mod.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • While there's a basic theme to the routines FL recommends, I've seen every admin work with countless mamas (and a few dads!) and they DO take into consideration all of the things you listed.  There are a couple of brands of washers that don't fit the same general guidelines (cabrio TLs for one) and the admins have done tons of troubleshooting on their own and with members to tweak the routine that works for each individual and their specific model/type washer/type of diapers/preferred detergent/water type/etc.  

Smallllmin - what happened when you used a full scoop of tide?
  • See my sig.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • RJM050705 said:
    RJM050705 said:

Would you mind directing me to the TOU that specify that?  Would a post be edited the same way if it was a survey by a CD retailer?  Not trying to be snarky, just want to be clear on what violates TOU! 

Sorry, I'm stuck in your box.

Anyways, anything that is for an outside source is against the TOU and is Spam. This includes outside offboards, FB groups, retailers, ect. Essentially, if it's to promote something or links to another group, it's spam. This is for an outside group, it's spam. It has nothing to do with your group, at all. I'm just doing my job to keep the board clean. You'd probably have better luck on FB CD groups. :)
  • Thanks for explaining!  I appreciate it.

• Many of us have been attacked one way or another by members of this group. I myself have had disagreements with an admin on another CD group. I love what your trying to do, but those of us who have our own knowledge get talked down to a lot. That is why a lot of us enjoy it here, as we are all very like minded. I think your survey is good, but TB is not the place for it. I'm so sorry. I can't make acceptions for you, as that would look poorly on me as a mod.
    I'm sorry so many of you have had such poor experiences there!  It's kind of a bummer that folks can post the survey results and trash them, but a new survey can't be linked.  I won't post it again!  If anyone's really interested in providing non FL routine data, they know where to find FLU.

• @RJM050705‌ What sak said. Plus they REEKED of detergent.

Dx: Vasa Previa w/DS1
    **Tinymin born 8/14 @35w1d**
    "Annnnnnd you win the award for best SN evar." -LindsRockies

imageimage
  • This is why nana is a mod. And none of the rest of us are.

#Toomeantobemod
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • TJ1979 said:
    This is why nana is a mod. And none of the rest of us are.
    Uhhhhhhh.....
    I love you TJ.
  • Once again I miss all the fun!

RJM050705 said:
    While there's a basic theme to the routines FL recommends, I've seen every admin work with countless mamas (and a few dads!) and they DO take into consideration all of the things you listed.  There are a couple of brands of washers that don't fit the same general guidelines (cabrio TLs for one) and the admins have done tons of troubleshooting on their own and with members to tweak the routine that works for each individual and their specific model/type washer/type of diapers/preferred detergent/water type/etc.  

This is false. FL dogmatically insists that certain brands of detergents are "weak" or "bad," even though their information about those detergents are just plain wrong. And they are consistent about shaming people who use those detergents.
  • @freezorburn‌, I'd go a step further and say they attack certain types of detergent as bad. I remember reading on a different location a group of FL members/followers attacking multiple people for wanting to use more environmentally friendly detergent. In at least one case they told the poster she needed to put her child's welfare above the environment and either use Tide (or a similar mainstream detergent) or disposables.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • And it's not just in their own group. They're all over the other cd groups on facebook shaking their fingers at people and passing on bad information.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @freezorburn‌, I'd go a step further and say they attack certain types of detergent as bad. I remember reading on a different location a group of FL members/followers attacking multiple people for wanting to use more environmentally friendly detergent. In at least one case they told the poster she needed to put her child's welfare above the environment and either use Tide (or a similar mainstream detergent) or disposables.
    You're right, and I don't think what you are describing is an isolated incident because I've seen arguments like that as well. My response is that one doesn't need to choose between using an environmentally friendly detergent (or a CD-safe one) and clean diapers. It is possible to do both. But of course there's no reasoning with these people.
  • And it's not just in their own group. They're all over the other cd groups on facebook shaking their fingers at people and passing on bad information.

Yup. Someone in my swap group was just told to bleach soak a used flip cover to "strip" it. I suggested just adding 1/4 of bleach to the wash routine but was told I was wrong and that would not get rid of all potential yeast. That PUL is going to be so damaged after sitting in bleach overnight. How do you "strip" a cover - it's non-absorbant!
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • I was banned.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wonder if this thread still has their attention ...
  • Idk maybe it is :). I really wasn't rude or anything. Basicaly because I recommended charlies soap in other groups I wasn't welcome. Even though I played by their rules in their group. The way they have their panties in a twist about charlies is bizarre to me.
  • I would totally try Charlie's if I was in the market for a new detergent. The only reason I ended up using Country Save when I started out was that I could buy it at a store I could walk to. The store that had Charlie's entailed a trip in the car, and we just didn't shop there as frequently.
  • My wash routine works perfectly for us and I have had no stink/redness/stains since figuring it out almost a year ago.  I use only 3/4 up to line 1 of Tide for two kids worth of diapers.  FL group would probably tell me to add more detergent.  Guess what...I made that mistake before and my diapers reeked after only 1 wash (even with an extra rinse).  So why would I follow a group that would essentially tell me to eff up my diapers?  There is not a 1 size fits all for diaper washing!
  • I still remember when a poor mama was attacked on the TT board for using soap nuts. It's rediculus! I think it's great that people are trying to help, but washing in liquid Gain and bleach soaks doesn't work for everyone. This is coming from a person that uses liquid eco friendly detergent and plant based fabric softener on her dipes.
  • If it's not Tide or the equivalent it's "unicorn tears and fairy dust" and you have to do some kind of magical dance to get clean diapers. I had a simpler wash routine with all cotton diapers and soap nuts than I do using synthetic fibers and mainstream detergent.....but dh and my mom prefer the BB snap in inserts so I have to have a way to wash them. Unfortunately, the soap nuts just don't clean mf very well.

• Mapleme said:
    And there is the fact that CDs existed long long before Tide.

Good point.

• I think SAK might be onto something. If we get the link pmed and take the survey, maybe it would be some small step in getting the one-size-doesn't-fit-all voice heard. Maybe?

• I just googled fluff love so I could look at their survey, and noticed their website has the tag line "it's not just laundry, it's your baby" Is that a reaction to the old "it's just laundry" name of the cd tech support page? The fluffers must be feeling threatened!
  • Idk I saw that but surely not. I can't imagine our little <100 person group is seriously any kind of competition for them. That wasn't the intention behind it.
  • But that mentality that you have to use their methods because OMG IT'S YOUR BABY'S HEALTH is worth a million eye rolls.

It is just laundry. Just like all the other fabric you put on your kids skin.
  • The thing I found really weird is that one of the admin for the group had never seen the Pin Stripes and Polka Dot's lost or the the other laundry list. She told me they are doing their own "research" and are trying to get Mythbusters to do their stuff. It's all a bit much. I don't see any of them working as a chemist doing an actual fact based experiment with real perameters. It's all screaming pseudo science and Fox news level of tactics.
  • Yes. They have no real expertise. Which would be fine except they claim to be science based experts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"