Baby Names

Spelling of Laney/Lainey/Lanie

These are all correct spelling for the name, but curious which one you would pick. I always think of when telling someone your name, they automatically spelling it a certain way.....which is the "go to" of someone with this name and you had to write it down?
DS #1 10/21/06 DD #2 04/11/10 DS #3 01/28/13 Edd #4 08/28/15 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Spelling of Laney/Lainey/Lanie

• I would think Lainey first.
  • I've only ever met a Laney, so I would default to that. I like Lainey better, but I would definitely spell it wrong the first time.
    CW + KJ: 8.10.2013
    1st Baby W Due: 6.25.2015
    BabyFruit Ticker

photo e2a5dc19-be96-4d99-b2d6-da7922f6c601_zps08cbe34a.jpg photo 319d419c-5eb1-4d11-a435-225e0a3417f3_zps1ea6c8b4.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Idani said:

I have seen it Laney or Lainey.  Personally I prefer it as a nickname for Elaine or Delaney.  It sounds very nicknamey and juvenile as a given to me. 

Exactly this.
  • Honest to goodness, I wouldn't have a clue. I've never seen this used as a full name before, only as a nickname. If you asked me to write it down...I think maybe I would write Laney or Lainey? That's a tough one though!
  • Idani said:
    I have seen it Laney or Lainey.  Personally I prefer it as a nickname for Elaine or Delaney.  It sounds very nicknamey and juvenile as a given to me. 
    This exactly. 
  • DawnJM25 said:

Idani said:

This exactly. 

Agreed!!!

• Idani said:
    or Elena.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Idani said:

This for me too.
  • Idani said:

This for me too.
  • I know a Lanie and a Lainey. I prefer the look of Lainey.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I think that it depends on what the full name is. I know a Delaney that goes by "Laney", another Delainey that goes by "Lainey", and a Alaina that goes by "Lainy". 

Usually I would assume Lainey/Laney....but my guess is that I would only occasionally get it right. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • My dd is Lainey but I went with that spelling b/c her name is actually Elaina.
    Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I typically hate names with a random Y stuck in them (Alyson, Kaylyn, etc).  That being said, I almost named my daughter Elaine with the nick name Laynie.  For some reason, I really like Laynie spelled this way.  So that gets my vote  :)
  • DD will be Elena, nn spelled Laney. This was a great compromise for DH and I when choosing names. We both had different opinions on spellings of each...I got Elena, he got Laney. Done.

I do agree that its more of a cutesy nn that expires at a relatively young age.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"