Working Moms

For fun

I've been working insane extra hours and would like to online shop today because I'd rather be at home sleeping than at work...

So for fun, what would you do/buy with $1000 of "fun money"?

Re: For fun

• K3am I remember loving that in elementary!

• A whole new wardrobe, complete with shoes and handbags and a new pair of Coach sunglasses I've been oogling the past year.

Mrs. H
    Crohn's Dx: August 2008
    Endometriosis Dx: May 2010
    Married: 05/19/2012
    TTC #1: June 2013
    BFP: December 2013
    DS: Born 08/29/2014
    TTC #2: July 2015

BFP #2: September 25, 2015

• Loading the player...
  • Oooooh. It's the Norstrom sale?? Crud, we just bought a new tv as well as new iPhones and a desperately needed new laptop. I cannot give in to the half yearly sale! Argh.
  • I'd buy furniture or stuff for my house.  We are going to be moving in a few months so really all I think about is decorating our new house.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Hmmm... I think I would buy a splurge item for myself, and then put the rest in the bank.  (We're saving up to pay off a retirement savings loan we had to take out a few years ago when we took a loss on our old house when we sold it.)  Not too fun to put some of it in the bank, I know, but I'm looking forward to getting back almost $200 of each of DH's paychecks.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Probably a bunch of new stuff for my apartment -- I'm moving on Friday and I could use some upgrades and great storage solutions (it's a fairly small place).

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• A new king sized mattress and frame. Our old mattress is killing me and it's just too small considering my girls, the dog and the cat like to lay in bed with us :)
  • I'd probably buy new iPhones for me and DH and an iPad for DD2. The kids constantly fight over the one iPad and it's annoying.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• sweetsunnyc's king sized bed! Our bed is a queen and old and mushy. I need something larger and firmer. We have 2 pitbulls that like to crawl into bed with us.
  • New computer, new shoes, new bras, new underwear, one of those personal shopper box subscriptions (can't remember the name now).  So, mostly stuff I don't need!
    University of Kansas alum Geoff Folker applies food coloring to his snow sculpture at his home on Park Street in Olathe, Kan., on Sunday, March 24, 2013.  A storm that dumped up to 15 inches of snow on parts of Colorado and Kansas is making its way east, with winter storm warnings and advisories issued for today and tomorrow as far east as Pennsylvania. (AP Photo/The Kansas City Star, John Sleezer)

January OAD Siggy Challenge: Creative Snow Sculptures

• Realistically I would put it in the bank so we are just that much closer to buying our forever home, which I am dying to do. Unrealistically, soooo many clothes, shoes and accessories. I am in desperate need of a new wardrobe!
  • K3am said:
    A climbing dome for DD. 

That's all I got and it isn't even for me and definitely not $1000. How lame. At least it would be something fun!
    OMG this is the coolest thing ever.  I may or may not just have put it in my amazon cart.
    :\">
  • New leather boots and some sort of weekend getaway
  • Ooh with a $1,000 I would buy myself new wireless headphones for running, some fancy CWX running tights, more wool socks, a pair of knee high fancy boots, and a new macbook for my husband.  Or not since I would be out of money!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"