Stay at Home Moms

Holiday Gifting for non-family (service people type things)

Am I supposed to get a gift for the school bus driver?? He had one by his chair this morning. If so, how much?

How much do you give your trash collectors, if you tip them?

Newspaper delivery?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Holiday Gifting for non-family (service people type things)

• If my daughter took the bus I would buy a gift for the driver. We don't tip the mail a, or trash collectors as we have never seen them really.
  • I got DD's teacher and her bus driver a $10 gift card to Target.  The bus driver sees her every day, makes sure she is safe and I figure the bus drivers kinda get over looked when it comes to that kind of thing, so we got her a gift card.  However, those are the only non family or friends that we got something for.  We simply can't get everyone a gift and have to draw the line somewhere.  
  • Loading the player...
  • My FIL is retired and drives a school bus, he gets quite a few gifts at Xmas. Usually little things like 10 dollar gift cards, coffee gifts, baked goods. Honestly he gives some of them away, especially the food, he just can't eat it all and he would never expect a gift.

We don't tip anybody...if I happen to get my nails done or hair cut I'll give a little extra since I've gone to the same ladies for years. Our LO isn't in school so no teachers to gift. We never see/and have different mail carriers and ups/fed ex people all the time and our garbage men stay in the truck now that the big arm just grabs the cans and dumps them now.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• chickaboo1974chickaboo1974 member
    edited December 2014
    This year I got gifts for John's teacher and two aides.  Nick's teacher (who went out on maternity leave on Dec 9th so I gave her gift early), a substitute teacher, two aides, a speech therapist, and two bus drivers (he has one for pick up and one for drop off).
    So The teachers I get $25 gift cards to Target, the aides and therapist got $10 cards to Starbucks plus all of them received little bags with cold weather type stuff- since food items are a big no no with all the allergies in the building.  The bus drivers got $10 gift cards to a local fast food type restaurant that I saw the drivers at.

I didn't buy for our mailman ( it is a different person all the time), our garbage man (same as mailman), or the delivery men(fed ex, UPS) there is always more than one doing deliveries in our neighborhood so who knows who you will get- and they aren't all that great of drivers.
  • I've always done something small for our mailman/UPS ...usually a big bag of M&Ms with a bow on it left in the mailbox with the flag up. DD isn't in school yet but that's what I'd do for bus drivers too
    imageimageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"