June 2015 Moms

old spinal surgery acting up?????

I had an emergency discectomy surgery back in 2010 to remove my L5-S1 disc and after years now we are pregnant and I am 18 weeks tomorrow and the last 2 days I have had pain where my surgery was and it feels like it's bruised under my skin where my scar is. My question is have any of you had this and given birth normally vaginally and did you need to be on bed rest, have a back & belly brace?
Please any advice. I will labor in water and probably birth in it as well but it's getting to that point I am worried about without being in severe pain or in a wheel chair etc, btwv we have 4 kids all ages 13 to 17 with our youngest being twin girls age 13 that were born full term at 7 lbs each!! All my pregnancies have been healthy full term and vaginal with no issues.
I pray this is same!
Also I have decided to give birth all natural without drugs etc and will take a very baby friendly approach with delayed cord clamping, baby on my chest at birth without any one trading baby from me into baby had been feed and had initial bonding time , and always rooming in and breastfeeding only.
I know I just kind of rambled there lol but maybe that have other mom's some great ideas!?!?
Please post your stories and advice if you have been through spinal issues like me while prego and given birth OK.
Blessings to you all,
Much love ,
Chasi n fam.

Re: old spinal surgery acting up?????

• Please excuse my spelling errors... I usually check before posting lol... But I'm sure you ladies are smart cookies and get the idea lol!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"