April 2014 Moms

Sleep regression? Separation Anxiety?

My LO has been STTN since about 6 weeks old. The last 5 weeks her sleep has gone to crap. She will go to sleep in her crib at first and sleeps around 5/6 hours but wakes up inevitably around 1am. (She has set her own bedtime around 630/7pm). On that 1am wake up, she isn't really hungry but has to be rocked and will fall back asleep but will wake up when put back down. It doesn't matter how long we rock, she will always cry when put down. We have tried stepped soothing, patting her back, you name it. 1 hour into attempting to get her back to sleep in her crib, we just end up taking her down to the couch and trying a bottle and she will sleep laying next to us on the couch. I'm hoping this is a phase but wondered if anyone has any tricks that they can suggest. I tried putting a blanket in with her and that didn't make a difference. I was hoping it was a regression and would pass but I'm scared we are creating another problem by taking her downstairs and sleeping with her. Any help is greatly appreciated. I want my good sleeper back.

Re: Sleep regression? Separation Anxiety?

• I'm assuming she now realizes you aren't there with her when she wakes up after each sleep cycle. Mine started doing the same thing.
    I just read the book by Dr. Ferber- it was really helpful in understanding my LOs sleep- I wish I would have read it sooner.
  • We're having a similar problem here. He's been a great sleeper since 4 months (has always wanted to eat once in the middle of the night, but that I can deal with). Now at 9 months, he's waking up a couple of hours after going down for the night and is totally inconsolable. 

We're talking hours of attempted soothing, feeding, everything. Granted we took him out of town for Christmas and there was tons of schedule-shifting, but this feels like something else. He's also fussier during the day and has recently become a little clingy, which he never was before. 

I don't know what to do or have any great advice--I think we need to re-Ferber over here! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"