August 2015 Moms

What to expect at first appointment?

My first appointment is January 16th and I'll be 10 weeks.

I am wondering what to expect at this appointment - will they do a regular ultrasound or a vaginal ultrasound?

What else do they do?

Re: What to expect at first appointment?

• Were you told that you'd be getting an ultrasound? In my area, ultrasounds tend to be separate appointments. If you are getting one, it may be vaginal, but I think at 10 weeks there's also the possibility of it being abdominal.

My first OB appointment consisted of taking my weight, blood pressure, a urine pregnancy test, doing a pap, and asking a million questions.

TTC since July 2012 
    BFP 5/22/13. Lap. to remove ectopic and dx with endo. 6/16/13

RE consult: June 2014

DX: FVL, endo, hypothyroidism, blocked left tube

Oct. 2014: First treatment cycle: Clomid+trigger+IUI=BFN

November 2014: Clomid+trigger+IUI again=BFP!

BFP 11/28/14 MC discovered 1/14/15

Blogging to stay sane

• BethKate2 said:

Were you told that you'd be getting an ultrasound? In my area, ultrasounds tend to be separate appointments. If you are getting one, it may be vaginal, but I think at 10 weeks there's also the possibility of it being abdominal.

My first OB appointment consisted of taking my weight, blood pressure, a urine pregnancy test, doing a pap, and asking a million questions.

She said they'd do a sonogram. Is that the same thing? I don't know how babies work.
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine is January 12th (7 weeks ish) and I asked the assistant what should I expect and she tolf me all the basic physical stuff as well as blood work and a vaginal ultrasound.

Every doctor and facility are different ( I have Kaiser in CA) so I'm sure you could always call the office to ask

Me: 25 DH: 27

Married: April 25th, 2014

DD #1: August 20th, 2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Call your doctor and ask. That's what I did. As PPs have said, every Dr is different.

BabyFetus Ticker
    image    image
    August '15 January Siggy Challenge: Favorite Mean Girls
    Nancy Downs - The Craft

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"