June 2015 Moms

Tamiflu while pregnant...

my doc prescribed me Tamiflu for flu-like symptoms and said it is safe to take...I do trust her or I obviously wouldn't be going to her, but it would make me feel better to know if other moms have taken it during previous pregnancies and things turned out ok. I know the benefits outweigh the costs, I just need some reinforcement...I don't like taking Meds while pregnant!

Re: Tamiflu while pregnant...

• I'm the same...don't like taking meds while pregnant. With my son though I was prescribed tamiflu after being sick with the flu. I took it and no problems...have a healthy happy 18mo old. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Thank you so much for sharing....it just helps to hear from ppl who have taken it and there were no effects on baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • The flu is very dangerous when pregnant. To me, it wouldn't matter what other people have experienced. I'd take the medicine as prescribed by my doctor.
    --Amanda--
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Take your medication :)
  • Good luck to you....the flu is awful this year. I am an x-ray tech in a Cardiac Cath lab, and we have had several people whose flu symptoms mimic chest pain. Hope I can make it through without getting sick!!
  • Tamiflu is fine to take. Then benefits of the drug, outweigh any of the risks!
  • Both my girls had flu a few weeks ago. OB prescribed tamiflu for me. Took it, no problems.
  • I took it and I'm fine and so thankful they let me have it
  • The flu took 3 of my 4 kids and me and DH down we were dropping like flies the week before Christmas. I called my OB to tell her one of my kids tested positive for the flu and she prescribed it and said go to the pharmacy and get it and take it now. It's bad this year. And not something to mess around with. So I took it as preventative and still got the flu. But was only down for three days. Then back to normal. Man I can't even imagine how bad it could've been with out the tamiflu. So great full I could take it!
  • On it myself. My mom got the flu and risks outweighed benefits.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't think your doctor would prescribe you something that would be harmful to your baby. So I would think it'd be safe to assume, it's safe to take.

January Siggy Challenge

pinterest fails - Google Search

• No way would I take it pregnant or not.
  • No Tamiflu but I've been on my asthma inhaler and Tylenol for a couple of days now. Get well soon!

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"