Infertility
Options

Low AMH And IUI

Hi Everyone,

I am brand new to this site and have a question. I had a IUI last Monday 12/22/2014 and have low AMH. All of my tests came back good besides my AMH which was 0.48.

I am 33 years old and my boyfriend is 41. His tests came back ok.

Has anyone had a positive experience with a IUI and low AMH. I took Clomid on cycle days 3-7 and had a trigger shot 36 hours before the IUI.

I am being treated at Kaiser in Santa Clara and was wondering if any of you have been treated there or have any input about them.

Are there any symptoms that I should be looking for at 7 dpo?

Thank you so much in advance for all of your advice :)

Re: Low AMH And IUI

• Options
    Welcome! I, too, have low AMH. Most of the women on this board are undergoing IVF. Trouble Trying to Conceive is mostly women undergoing IUIs. Are you on progesterone support? If so, it mimicks pregnancy symptoms. Otherwise, I wouldnt look for symptoms at 7 dpo. Good luck to you!
    Me: 34 | He: 40
    TTC since 08/2012
    DX: DOR

• Options
    Thank you ronniesgirl1981! I am not taking progesterone right now and will try IUI one more time. After that were on to IVF. Thanks again:)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you so much. I did ovulate and the doctor said that all looked good. Here's hoping that it works. If not were headed to IVF. Thanks again:)
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Hey there. We are the same age and have basically the same AMH, mine is 0.5. I wish you the absolute best luck with your IUIs (I had two myself, unfortunately they didn't work). Our AMH is really low for our age, so it sort of begs the question..why? For me the answer is that I have endo which is basically destroying my eggs and affecting the quality. I don't mean to be a downer (ultimately we still have age on our side), I just thought I would share my experience. I guess my advise if you end up moving on to IVF would be to get as much information as you can before you start and make sure your RE is taking your low AMH into consideration with treatment and protocol.  

*early loss mentioned*
    Me: 34   dx: endo and DOR
    DH: 38   dx: normal
    Endometrioma removed from left ovary 4/'09 
    Started TTC Aug. 2012 
    BFP Jan. '13 - (no heartbeat at 8w appointment) spontaneously MC at 9w 
    Nov. '13 AMH level 0.98 
    April '14 IUI w/clomid BFN 
    May '14 IUI w/clomid BFN 
    June '14 AMH level 0.5 
    IVF #1 July '14, 4R/4M/3F   2 8 cells transferred on day 3, nothing made it to freeze, BFN 
    IVF #2 Nov '14 EPP stimmed for 12 days 9R/4M/4F   2 7 cells transferred on day 3, nothing to freeze, BFN
    IVF #3 May '15 cancelled after highest possible meds dosages for over two weeks. converted to IUI, BFN
    DE IVF #1 Dec '15 transferred one BB2 blast, BFP due August 2016

ALL Welcome

• Options
    Thanks for your advice sassmaster33. I have a strong feeling that I'm going to be moving on to IVF. We decided to try 2 IUI'S because they are partially covered by our insurance. I wish you the best of luck on your journey:)
  • Options
    Thank you so much nowthatsalady. I wish you all the best!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"