November 2014 Moms

Packing Pump Bag for Return to Work

Since I'm heading back to work next week, I'm trying to prep stuff early when I can. Breast pump bag is my current project, I have the following in the bag/ell be in the bag:
Freestyle pump
Pump parts (in a big Ziplock so I can refrigerate)(also, I have spare parts of everything, just don't want to cram them in the bag)
Steam bag (just in case)
Several milk storage bags (just in case)
Antibacterial wipes
Lanolin
Hands Free bra
5 oz Medela bottles **how many should I bring? I also have a bunch of 3 oz bottles.
Sharpie (for labeling)
Cooler bag & blue ice thingy
Magazine

There is so much stuff! I had hoped to also toss in my lunch & other randoms for the day, but I don't think there will be room, especially at the end of the day when I've got milk!
I'll *probably* be in the same room every pump, but I don't want to leave anything in there in case I unexpectedly don't have access. Also, will be storing milk in cooler bag all day, as I have a complainey coworker who will no doubt raise hell if I store breastmilk in the office fridge.
Is there anything I could leave out of the bag? Or even leave in my desk unless I have an emergency? Also, is there anything I'm forgetting?
I appreciate any tips and ideas you can share!

Re: Packing Pump Bag for Return to Work

• I'm not going back to work, but I pumped away from home over Christmas. I think after a few days you'll get a system down. I personally prefer to transfer to milk storage bags right away. I store the bags in the medela cooler. Like PP said, I use tissues for cleaning up spills. I also like the medela quick clean wipes. I cut them up for when I have access to rinse water, and use a while one when I don't. I don't store my parts in the fridge though.
  • Not bf'ing here, but from seeing coworkers experience:
    -towel for spills
    -extra set of clothes in case of a huge spill or leakage accident.
    -breast pads
    -she kept an old ice cream bucket with soapy water & added her parts to it as needed.

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• Loading the player...
  • Can you keep your spare parts in your desk at work?  No point in hauling them back and forth unless you need them at home too.  I left the milk in the bottles I pumped into until I got home and bagged it later.  I actually sent the milk to daycare in Medela bottles so I'd portion it out for the next day and bag any "extra" at the end of the day. 

Photobucket
    married bio

Expecting #2.  Nov. 2014
  • I didn't bring much in my bag that hasn't already been covered by the other ladies. I'm just gonna add that I brought my storage bags with me everyday because I pumped way more than would fit in just the bottles. Especially in the beginning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @PineApple85‌ that was my thought, as I regularly pump 6 oz on my right side in the morning, which means I have to change pump bottles part way through.
    @Loopyseven‌ I'm afraid that if I leave my spares at work, I'll need them at home, or vice versa. I think I'll leave them at home and just go get them if necessary.
    @jlk6‌ Yes, he actually would throw a fit, he's a dick like that. He actually complains if someone brings in a too - big lunch container because he has to rearrange to get his stuff in & out.
    @KMW08‌ geeze, I forgot about an extra shirt, I'll leave that on my desk at least.
  • I always poured them into freezer bags so I usually only needed 2 bottles, but had a third just in case. I also started taking my manual pump after my electric one suddenly stopped working and I wasn't able to pump.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • hidingangel82hidingangel82 member
    edited December 2014
    @morrkim‌ you know, I have some FSA money I have to spend by like, tomorrow, I think I may get a manual pump, as I have a fear of that thing happening!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"