August 2014 Moms

Who is tummy sleeping?

I have really been struggling to get LO to sleep in her own bed. She wakes up every 3-5 minutes whenever I lay her down on her own. However, tonight I put her on her tummy and patted her back until she fell asleep. She's still there sleeping peacefully. DD1 was never a tummy sleeper so this is all new to me.

Is anyone else tummy sleeping? I'm thinking of just leaving her there until whenever she wakes. She can roll from tummy to back and can push her arms up so her head is completely lifted.
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Who is tummy sleeping?

• LO rolls to belly the moment we put her down so we just leave her be.
  • I am just staring at her....

Why can't I just sleep!!
  • Loading the player...
  • We started as of Friday or so. He seems to sleep longer stretches (of 2-3 hours instead of an hour and a half [-( ) but he flips over into his back after a while and that always pisses him off. I'm convinced he'll never sleep again.
  • My LO seems to prefer side sleeping but I wouldn't think twice about letting her sleep on her tummy if she wanted to. She can also roll tummy to back and get her head a solid foot off the ground.
  • Itty bit seems to prefer her back or side. I wouldn't let her sleep on her tummy just because she struggles to roll to her back. Pedi said after the know how to roll and can lift their heads well its not as big of a concern.
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • My LO sleeps on her stomach. Back sleeping she wakes all the time and is easily aroused. She won't sleep well at all.
  • LO has been sleeping on his tummy by his own choice. Even if I go to bed with him on his back I find him on his tummy.
  • I wish my LO would figure out that when he's on his tummy he can just lay his head down. He constantly flips himself onto his tummy at night and gets pissed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, he sleeps on his tummy and side.  I put him down on his side now because I know he prefers it and then he spends some time rolling around until he is happy in a certain position.  The only time I've intervened is when he was face down and had his face completed embedded into the mattress. 
  • LO usually rolls to her side, but she did roll onto her tummy to nap once. I don't place her on her tummy yet though.
  • DD was totally a belly sleper. We are still swaddling DS in the RNP but plan to try belly in the crib soon.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• How do you sleep without waking up to check every ten minutes? I need to chill with the paranoia.
  • DD sleeps on her tummy.  From about week 8 she took naps on her tummy, but we swaddled and put her on her back at night.  As of earlier this week she is rolling from her back to her tummy (she learned long ago to roll from tummy to back), so we took her out of her swaddle at night.  She rolls on her belly if we don't put her there anyway.  Now that she is mobile and capable of moving herself, I let her sleep however she prefers.

image  image
    BFP 5/08/13 -- EDD 1/15/14 -- slow hb@7wks d&c 6/07/13
    BFP 8/12/13 -- EDD 4/20/14 -- no fetal pole @7wksnatural m/c 9/16/13, cytotec 10/17 & 10/22
    BFP 11/26/13 -- EDD 8/07/14 -- Born 7/24/14!
  • LO has started to flip himself over at night. Back to side to tummy- and then he gets mad, really mad.

It's been a long few nights.

Last night I just let him sleep on his tummy because I kept flipping him and he would go right back. He was fine.
  • A has been a side sleeper since birth. Even in the hospital she very clearly preferred being side propped. Of your lo is proficient at rolling and lifting her head, then I would let her stomach sleep. Especially if she sleeps better. :)
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Joy1192 said:

How do you sleep without waking up to check every ten minutes? I need to chill with the paranoia.

I highly recommend getting a snuza. The $100 is worth every penny to have piece of mind. You can get it off Amazon.
  • Joy1192 said:

How do you sleep without waking up to check every ten minutes? I need to chill with the paranoia.

This is me too. Even with DD sleeping on her back I still get up and check on her.
  • Okay, I think I'll do tummy sleeping tonight and see how it goes. We did naps all day yesterday and she did fine!
  • Kandreas1 said:

All this talk about tummy sleeping made me interested in trying...so at nap I put DS on his tummy. Let me say I have never seen something go so wrong. Haha.

Oh no! What happened?
  • I just don't get how to put them down to sleep on their belly without waking them up. It's not working for me whenever I try it. She sleeps on me on her tummy fine, but I try to transfer her... No way dude.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"