Breastfeeding

Baby isn't born yet but I really need your ladies help!

My last two sons had lip ties which were the ultimate cause of my breastfeeding failure in the past. My ped said it shouldn't interfere but it definitely did! Odds are that this LO will have it also. Is there anything I can do from the get go to fix this? Can they fix it at the hospital? I really am determined to succeed this time ladies, please any advice is appreciated!!!! @AmyG*‌

Re: Baby isn't born yet but I really need your ladies help!

• You should be able to get it clipped shortly after birth (like within days). Talk to the hospital LC to have it assessed before you leave the hospital and get referral for a doctor or paediatric dentist that can do it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • You should be able to get it clipped shortly after birth (like within days). Talk to the hospital LC to have it assessed before you leave the hospital and get referral for a doctor or paediatric dentist that can do it.

Thank you so much!
  • Loading the player...
  • AmyG* said:

yup demand an evaluation from more than one person (sometimes it can be missed by one set of eyes)and get it clipped right away.  If hospital won't do it, check pediatrician.  also you can call around now, and check the tongue tie pages on facebook to find a provider in your area and ask if they can take a look within a day or two of birth if you suspect it and get it caught right away.

Thank you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"