November 2014 Moms
Options

SAHM Home Daycare Rates

Hi ladies,

I will likely be going back to work in February and was researching daycares and asked friends for referrals on Facebook. My husbands coworkers' wife is a SAHM and offered to watch my son. She is looking to supplement their income. I trust her and would much rather have her watch him than a stranger.

The thing is, idk what to pay her. She said to pay her what I think is fair and what we can afford. I don't want to insult her. I know she doesn't have any overhead expenses like a regular day care.

What daily rate do you think is fair? I will be going back pt in February and full-time in March. Should there be different daily rates?

Thanks!

Re: SAHM Home Daycare Rates

• Options
    The cheapest I've seen is $40/day or $175/week, but we're in the Los Angeles area. I think it definitely depends on where you're located. 
  • Options
    I've seen $30/day here.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    In MD in-home full-time daycare costs $250/week for an infant.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• Options
    My in-home daycare in MN will be $140/week.

Semi-related question: what's the going rate for babysitters in your area (as in, high school girl watching the baby for a few hours on a week night)? I have no idea!
  • Options
    I'm in the Los Angeles area. I have seen rates as low as $200 per week for full-time care for a home day care facility. They are usually higher. I have no idea what the rate for a teenage babysitter is. She is kinda doing us a favor and us to her because we are supplementing her income. She would only be watching her kids and my son. She understands that a typical hourly rate would be too expensive for us. We can't afford $10 an hour 8 hours a day 5 days a week. Thanks!
  • Options
    Lurker here - also in the Midwest (WI). We haven't found daycare less than $215 a week for an infant (both in home and center). We'll be paying $232 a week. I would LOVE it if we could find some of the prices mentioned by PPs.
  • Options
    I am in Northern California- the Silicon Valley and we are paying a family friend to help supplement her income $125. Per week. When I was looking for in home it was about $25-35 a day. The certified ones are about $35-40.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"