July 2013 Moms

Underwear is not Fundawear

jemasa33jemasa33 member
edited December 2014 in July 2013 Moms
My 3 year old finally started being more consistent with the potty training, minus a few accidents here and there. He will NOT wear underwear or boxer briefs. He says they are too tight. I ordered him some boxer shorts, which he refuses to wear also. He says they are not comfortable. Would you let your kid go around commando with just pants on???

Underwear is not Fundawear 67 votes

Yes
28% 19 votes
No
64% 43 votes
SS
7% 5 votes

Re: Underwear is not Fundawear

• I wouldn't give him the option of not wearing them. At least that's what I say now?
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't see why it's a big deal if he's comfortable without. Yes it would suck if there was a poop accident, but I feel like those suck no matter what?
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • If you really want him to wear underwear maybe take him to the store and let him pick out ones he likes? (If you haven't tried that)
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • It took me 3x of reading the title to understand fundawear..... /:)

• My co-worker's daughter is 3.5 and potty-trained, but has tactile issues (with food, clothes, etc.) and has been refusing to wear underwear lately. But then she also refuses to wear pants and will only wear dresses or shorts, so that poses an entirely different set of issues. I know it's not the same thing you're going through, but I know my co-worker is just kinda having to go with it. She is going to try a special brand of clothes (can't remember the name) that are supposed to be super soft that are supposed to help, but I'm not sure that'd solve your problem.

I'm on team licensed undies if you haven't already tried that. Otherwise I'm not sure that I'd force him to wear underwear, but I also haven't been through potty-training either.
    imageView Full Size Image

• biggunsbo said:

estradaa said:

I have a friend who lets her kids go without. They're 5 and 3. Not sure how I'd handle but agree with @Cfreymc‌. It'll be messy either way.

You don't have tickers so I'm not sure if you have older children who you've potty trained?

Just from a hygienic perspective I think it's important to teach children to wear undergarments. It's a long time before children can wipe themselves effectively.

I do like @cfreymc 's idea of letting him pick out some undies that he can get excited about. What all have you tried @jemasa33?

Agree....it takes time before they can wipe well, I'm team underwear as well. It might just take some getting used to for him.....

Karen - 36      DH - 39

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Can you get a size up on the briefs? Maybe a little loose may make him feel more comfortable. DD prefers super soft cotton boy-short type toddler briefs.

https://www.buybuybaby.com/1/1/6103-underwear-gerber-big-kids-3-pack-size-2t-training-pants-white.html

We started DD with these (I think they are unisex). They are soft & not terribly tight.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• @equinus‌ that's hilarious. Alex tries to disrobe in public but requires clothes to sleep. Toddlers are funny little bunnies. :P

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Bigger undies?

Kids are gross. There was a rolling turd loose in the airplane restroom yesterday. Definitely not ours - Addie was a good girl and didn't poop yesterday.
  • Sorry it took me so long to get back to everyone! I put the underwear and boxer briefs on him, but he said they were too tight, even when I bough him a really big size. When he tried the boxers on, he said they hurt before he even put them on. I am thinking I may be able to get him to wear the boxers as shorts, as someone said earlier. That may be my best bet. Unfortunately, the stuff will probably still go down his leg with boxers! I talked to my DCP and she said that he will have to wear pull ups until he is all the way potty trained :(
  • missymr said:
    Can I just sleep through the potty training years? I seriously am having nightmares already.
    @missymr This is my second time going through it, and it is driving me nuts! It was so much easier with my SD. Everyone says boys are harder.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"