1st Trimester

PLEASE GIVE ME ANSWERS

Okay. So I am 8 weeks and 1 day pregnant I'm 19 and this is my first baby. I was wondering if my miscarriage risk has went Down any? I have heard the heartbeat and been to two ultrasounds. I still worry a lot also I was wondering when can I start to by little things for my baby. Please no bashing .

Re: PLEASE GIVE ME ANSWERS

• Have you read any literature about being pregnant? I definitely recommend doing so, as it will relieve some of your concerns.

We're not doctors and we don't know your medical history so we can't tell you if you're high risk or not. Generally, the mc rate goes down after 12 weeks (That information comes directly off of this website....)

Start buying shit whenever you want to. There is no timeframe or requirements for buying baby stuff. I'm 13w3d and have yet to make any purchases.

• redandblack14redandblack14 member
    edited December 2014
    You can't dictate how people will respond and I'm still trying to figure out why you included your age. As PP we are internet strangers, not your health provider, so we don't know your individual risk. Typically, the chance for miscarriage declines significantly after the first trimester.

If you want to buy something for your baby... Buy something for your baby.

Edit - grammar and clarity
    Sept. 15 January Siggy Challenge ~ Happy Dance
    TTC #1 10/14 ~ BFP 12/20/14 ~ EDD 09/03/2015
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The below website breaks down the risk of miscarriage by week. By 8 weeks with a confirmed heartbeat, the risk is down to around 2%, although I've seen other sources that say it's around 5%. These numbers assume that there are no other risk factors or issues present.

https://spacefem.com/pregnant/mc.php?m=08&d=10&y=12

Me: 34; DH: 38; SD: 9
    TTC #1 since November 2013

BFP #1: 2/4/14--EDD 10/14/14--CP 2/8/14

BFP #2: 3/1/14--EDD 11/15/14--MMC at 12w6d (baby stopped developing at 11w4d)
    D&C 5/13/14; Retained Tissue Found: Cytotec 5/30/14; 2nd D&C 6/20/14

BFP #3: 12/13/14--EDD 8/27/15--MMC at 7 weeks (no fetal pole and measuring 1 1/2 weeks behind)--Cytotec 1/9/15

January 2015: Off to RE for RPL testing

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAugust 4

• The risk of MC drops significantly after the first trimester, but we are not doctors and we don't know your history so no one here can really answer this for you. I would encourage you to ask your doctor and buy a good pregnancy book.

Also, buy stuff whenever you want.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I would start with a good pregnancy book. No one can predict how your pregnancy will progress, or if you will come across any health risks for you or your baby. MC aren't uncommon, many women here have suffered MC's myself included.
    As for buying things, it's up to you when you start. It's a long 9 months, so try to settle down, and enjoy the ride.
  • I didn't buy anything until 27 -28
    Weeks
  • Ignore all the bashing hun... it sounds like things are going very well for you. Congratulations and talk to your Dr with your concerns..they always have the best advice. Prayers for you and your little one. ;)
  • Ignore all the bashing hun... it sounds like things are going very well for you. Congratulations and talk to your Dr with your concerns..they always have the best advice. Prayers for you and your little one. ;)
    I think everyone has given her good advice. One of the very first things my doctor told me to do was to buy a good pregnancy book.... everyone seems to be telling her the same thing. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Are you reading a different post?
    Where is the bashing? People not only shared their own experiences, but gave great advise. Your did not really read the intire thread.
    :-/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"