Parenting

Sharing this from FB

this came across my newsfeed and made me cry. I just want to share it. In the wake of what happened in NY and the continuing threats to police officers, I'm asking for T&Ps for the men and women who are out there everyday and for their families.

I am a LE spouse (and have several family members who are police officers including my sister and BIL), and I know there are others here and I have been having a really hard time with the threats that have been seen on social media. I've grown more paranoid and more worried. I've told my husband not to stop anywhere in uniform on his way to and from work. He is a CO so he is in prison and not out on the streets but obviously the threats are still there.

I guess I needed to just vent this out and have hope that it will get better. Please read this- it's beautifully written and gives a little insight.

https://policelivesmatter2014.wordpress.com/2014/12/28/dear-officer-i-see-you/

Re: Sharing this from FB

• I'm sorry you're feeling so stressed and anxious.  This must be a really hard time for you guys.  

Thank you. I appreciate that.
  • Sending so many hugs your way.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Avswolf said:

Tell YH thank you for what he does, and to be careful. He is valued. I'm sorry some douchebags have made things messy and stressful.

Sending big ((hugs)). I'm thinking of you & always hoping that your family is safe. We appreciate all that they do.

Thank you
  • Sending so many hugs your way.

Thank you.
  • Sorry y'all I didn't mean to be a Debbie downer and it wasn't really supposed to be about me specifically. Just wanted to ask for prayers for all officers :)
  • >:D<

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I love this. 

@acesup I just wanted to let you know that I understand where you're at and how you're feeling. MH is a patrol officer and I'm a 911 dispatcher, so we've seen/heard a lot of awful things thrown at the LE community first-hand lately. I'm here if you want to talk. Lots of creepy e-hugs.
    Thank you for what you and your husband do.

Moar creepy e-hugs
  • COPS LE Appreciation day link

Thank you!!
  • acesup said:
    this came across my newsfeed and made me cry. I just want to share it. In the wake of what happened in NY and the continuing threats to police officers, I'm asking for T&Ps for the men and women who are out there everyday and for their families. I am a LE spouse (and have several family members who are police officers including my sister and BIL), and I know there are others here and I have been having a really hard time with the threats that have been seen on social media. I've grown more paranoid and more worried. I've told my husband not to stop anywhere in uniform on his way to and from work. He is a CO so he is in prison and not out on the streets but obviously the threats are still there. I guess I needed to just vent this out and have hope that it will get better. Please read this- it's beautifully written and gives a little insight. https://policelivesmatter2014.wordpress.com/2014/12/28/dear-officer-i-see-you/
    I live on Long Island, the suburbs of NYC. I have many friends and family members in the NYPD and it is a scary time for them. Things will get better. I don't know how much coverage the funerals of Officer Ramos and Officer Liu got outside of the metro NY area, but outpouring of support for the officers and their families showed that the majority of people still have respect for the police and support them. Hang in there.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I'm in NJ so there was a lot of coverage of the funerals here as well and I know a lot of our local dept officers and honor guards went. I saw that honor guards from all over the country were there. It was really touching so much love.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"