LGBT Parenting

TTC Check In (12/29/14)

Happy Monday morning!

How is your/your partner's TTC journey progressing? Share the good, the bad and the ugly with us!

**Reminder - If you have a BFP to announce, please create a separate thread for everyone to see. Thanks :) **

QOTW: Any plans to ring in the new year?

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

Re: TTC Check In (12/29/14)

• Guess I'm the first one posting on here this morning. First off good luck for anyone waiting on a BFP this week. Good luck to those just starting or in the process of TTC! So today I am 9 and 10 days post IuI since I did a double insemination. A few days ago I tested to make sure the trigger shot was out of my system and it was. This morning I tested and got a very very faint line that you had to strain your eyes to see. So I'm not counting it as a BFP yet but will keep everyone informed. My eyes could be tricking me into believing it. Keeping my fingers crossed for myself and everyone else!
  • FX for a solid line @officerofthelaw!

10 DPO and while we planned to test this morning, we are holding off due to a couple dips in my BBT.  I haven't had the best sleep the last few nights waking up anywhere between an hour or two before my usual wake up time.  Not sure how much this can affect things but are playing it safe until the 1st when my period is due.

GL to anyone testing this week!!
    "S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
  • Loading the player...
  • Good luck, Officer of the Law! That would be a fantastic way to begin the year!!!

For us, no such luck. Today is Day 1.  I'm not surprised because temps have been pretty wacky...enough that DW's doc invited her in for a progesterone test last week to make sure everything has completed heal after the miscarriage.  We get those results tomorrow and are hoping things look good so we can feel more confident next month.

Gosh, I hate this.

QOTW:  Nothing for New Year's Eve, but we're going to see Brandi Carlile on the 30th (she is so amazing live in concert!) and then headed for a mini-family getaway to a water park for the 1st and 2nd.  Looking forward to those things...and hoping they give my DW a bright spot in a tough week.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone!
    @wittyandwaiting‌ I will test again tomorrow to see if the line gets darker without me having to squint. Thanks for being excited for me! My wife is not excited until the beta she says lol.
  • @LolaBelle515 - I'm sorry that things are confusing right now. I hope you hear back soon about how things are healing for your DW and are a me to move forward with more confidence.

Today was my last day of BCPs. I go tomorrow for bw and u/s and should get the go ahead to start stimming on Friday. I finally have my PIO crap figured out, I think anyway. My Ganirelix arrives tomorrow and I still need to set up delivery of my Ovidrel. Freedom at least has the script, they just need to process it so it can be scheduled to send out.

I suppose it's time to get out the sharps containers and alcohol pads and set up my injection station in the kitchen. It's been nice to not have all of that. We may finally be able to start using our fruit and veggie bins for fruit and veggies now! For the past year they have housed Gonal-F and various other meds.

I'm having mixed emotions about all of this. I'm excited but don't want to be too excited. I have hope but don't want to have too much hope. So, I'm just taking it one day at a time. I'm not looking forward to the onslaught of transvag ultrasounds, but it could be a whole lot worse and has been. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there won't be any horrendous weather that will impede our travels to Buffalo.

I am looking forward to my chiropractor appointment tomorrow afternoon. I'm interested to see what it will feel like to have my hips in the proper positions.

QOTW: C has to bartend so I'll be hanging out at the bar with her. I'm not looking forward to it, but it's the only way that we will get to see each other. Last year I think we were in bed before midnight. Such party animals we are.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• CD10 today... With our clinic closed, we decided to try again at home one more time. Donor sperm should arrive tomorrow. After this, we may take a break until March-ish -- I need to focus on work for a while and I wouldn't want to miss my best friend's wedding. We're officially considering the known donor route. For now though, one more slightly awkward UPS delivery...  

QOTW: Where we live, there are always zillions of tourists at NYE for the street party, fireworks, etc. Of course, that just makes us want to avoid all going out as it's absolute mayhem in the city. Big plans for us are staying in and probably an ICI... ha. 
  • @stringy813‌ sorry about the news. Hang in there!
  • @channe9 Good luck!
    "S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"