VBAC
Options

This is why you always research your health provider

With my other two, I was with an OB. She was great, but VERY pro c/s. In fact, my second c/s should have never happened. When DD was born and she saw she was much smaller than her brother and with only a 7% head, she apologized to me. Now that I am expecting baby #3, I want a VBAC. I feel I can do it, and have no medical issues holding me back.

I decided to switch to a midwife facility. I LOVED the midwife I was assigned to, and was very happy. At my last appt, the OB in the office saw me instead (midwife was out), and told me I need to schedule my
c/s soon, and she refuses to do a VBAC regardless of what the midwife told me. She was very rude and very condescending, and I left in tears.

After doing some research and joining the ICAN group (support group for women who have had a c-section and want VBACS), they told me horrible stories about this group. They told me they will tell me I can have a VBAC, and then right before delivery force me into a c-section. They said they are also very invasive, and will strip my membranes without asking and not let me even labor before c-sectioning.

Thanks to them, I am now going to switch to a doctor they are all recommending who lets you do your own birth and basically is just there to help the baby out. Very anti-c/s and very pro natural everything.

I feel embarrassed now, and wished I researched better. Just glad I know now!

Re: This is why you always research your health provider

• Options
    I'm on the ICAN FB page for my area as well.  While I do think you should have a supportive doctor, I'm putting this out there for other women - your doctor cannot force you to have a c/s.  They can't force you to have surgery.  You can try to labor as long as you can away from the hospital, if you show up ready to push they really don't have many options.  Again, having a supportive provider is best, but if you have a provider that isn't and you don't have the option to change providers, you can still labor your way (as long as you and baby are safe).

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • Options
    I'm new here- a returning mom. My son was born 2.5 years ago via scheduled CS. They told me he was due to be 10lbs at birth likely more. I was 39 weeks and he was 8lbs 15oz. I let myself be scared last time and while we are not yet pregnant, we will start trying soon, and I'd like to already have a good doctor lined up. How do you find a doctor that will be open to VBAC? Mine told me point blank, if you have a CS this time I will not do I any other way for the next time. Do I have to research a midwife or doula instead?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    OP, glad you found a new doctor!

@ohjaime‌ - I found the doctor interview checklist at https://vbacfacts.com super helpful when I was looking for a new doctor for this VBAC attempt. A lot of questions will weed out someone who says they are VBAC supportive but will really try to railroad you into a RCS at the drop of a hat.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @ohjaime, ICAN is also a good resource.  There are usually FB groups set up for your geographical area, so they can recommend a VBAC-friendly doctor.  Just search for "ICAN <insert your city or state>".
                                                                                              BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"