Infertility

new to the board..

In two more weeks, it will be a year that my husband and I have been trying to conceive. In January of 2014, I got my birth control, Mirena, taken out and ever since then each month has been one let down after another. It used to not bother me as much, I kept telling myself that I just needed to wait for my body to shake the birth control out of my system and than I'd be okay and everything would work out perfectly....boy was I WRONG! I'm starting the "investigation process" January 7TH is my first appointment with my OBGYN to try and figure out what is going on. Of course I hope it's just a simple timing issue, or something that can be easily be fixed, but something in my gut is just telling me that it's something far more serious than that. Like I said, at first it didn't bother me, but now it seems to be taking over my life. I have distanced myself from anyone who has children, including my own brothers and sisters. Three weeks ago, my sister had a baby and I haven't seen her yet because I am so sad/jealous. She lives less than 10 minutes away, and I haven't seen her baby once. I feel bad, but I know I am just sparing myself a crying session and getting even more depressed if I do go and meet her beautiful baby girl. I feel jealous. She only tried for a couple of months and it happened to her, and here I am a year later, and still nothing. We recently purchased a house, and we have two spare rooms that I find myself always keeping the doors shut to, so I don't have to look into the empty rooms and feel sad because I know in at least 1 of those rooms should be a nursery by now. I hate the day each month that mother nature makes her appearance. That day is usually spent crying, sleeping, crying, and sleeping some more. I guess I am venting, but also looking to hear everyone else struggles and just talk it out. Nobody I know has ever went through this, so I find myself keeping this problem in and not sharing it with anyone, which makes it even harder. 

Re: new to the board..

• Hi there. Im sorry that you are in this position. We've all been there and the days when you don't even know why your are struggling can be very tough. I suggest that you go over to the "Trouble Trying to Concieve" a.k.a. 3T board and intro there. Many of them over there are currently investigating or doing IUIs. This board is more for those who are much further along in our IF struggles and are doing IVF. Make sure you read the "Welcome and PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING" post. This board has one as well. Also, if you mention anything like babies (like your sister's), children, miscarriages, BFPs, etc, please put a warning in your title. For example, you could add **OP child mention** to the title of this post. On those days when IF is really hitting you hard, you dont want to be blindsided by those posts. So it's nice to be able to pass over those and maybe read them another day when we feel it may be easier. Also, you will want to look into finding an RE. That will probably be the first thing others on the 3T board will suggest to you. I have read many posts about how preciois time was wasted trying to get a diagnosis or treatment through an OBGYN. They are NOT familiar enough with infertility. Our board moderator NariaDreaming is a good example! Good luck.
    *** If you want to know where I (and soo many others) have gone, click here ***
  • Sorry for posting here. I will find elsewhere to post
  • Loading the player...
  • Come on over to the Trouble Trying to Conceive Board, and get yourself referred to a reproductive endocrinologist (RE) for a proper workup. Good luck

Official diagnosis: Unexplained IF. I am 32. I have low ovarian reserve (low AMH), and poor egg quality. I've also been diagnosed with mild glandular developmental arrest (lining problems, detected with EFT).

We are using open ID donor sperm. IUIs #1-7=BFN. IVF September 2014 antagonist protocol, 8R,5M,3F, 5 day transfer of 1 morula = BFN. IVF#2 planned for January 2015 (antagonist protocol + HGH).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"