January 2013 Moms

Sick Vent

ambmamaambmama member
edited December 2014 in January 2013 Moms
Ahh, I'm so angry right now. Taylor has croup, again. And what makes me angry is my nephew supposedly got over croup last week. My dad promised me he wasn't contagious and was on meds so I didn't think much of it when we went to Christmas. He coughed some and they obviously didn't sanitize things or he was still contagious because here we are with croup. Now not only will my poor boy be sick for his 2nd birthday tomorrow but we most likely will need to cancel his party Saturday because I really don't want 10 other toddlers to get sick. It's just so frustrating! They always tell me that they/the nephews are over their ailments but it seems like DS catches something every time we go there. I understand my dad wanted all of us there for Christmas but if he wasn't confident that my nephew (who lives there, btw) was over his sickness I wish he would have told me! Uggghh!

ETA: if it were you, would you confront your dad/sister about not being honest? I could see it being an honest mistake if this hasn't happened so many times before. Just wondering how others would handle the situation. I'm too mad to do anything right now.

Eta again: I totally forgot to mention that this completely messed up PT this week. Day 1 was awesome, halfway through day 2 he was obviously feeling sick and just started fighting the potty so I just stopped. It was too stressful on him while not feeling well so we will try again in a few weeks.

Sorry, rant over.

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sick Vent

• Ugh, I'm sorry. Sickness is absolutely no fun. Clara has been fighting a bad cough all week too (don't think it's croup though) and there has been several sleepless nights and a very cranky babe.

And it's almost his birthday too :( Poor babe. I feel for you mama. 

I would be very frustrated about the fact that it was spread by a family member. However, I don't think I would confront them. In past experience those things never end well. In the future I would maybe avoid gatherings if you know that someone's been sick recently. I know I've tried to be really courteous and keep people away from Clara when we did go to things because I didn't want others getting sick. It stinks that others are not as considerate.

Praying T feels better. It seems like all these babes are sick. I'm sorry you have to deal with this mama.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ugh I know you guys are right. Just seems so crazy not to be more honest and therefore put other kiddos at risk. We are going to the doc tomorrow for his check up so I'll ask his opinion on the party. My family will feel bad if I have to cancel - maybe that will be enough to make them be more careful. I try to trust them and it was Christmas but next time I will definitely listen to my instincts. For now just thankful I have this week off and cuddling my sweet boy!

• Loading the player...
  • Sorry T is sick. I'm a bit more confrontational I guess because I would probably say something. Even just to ask them to err on the side of caution next time. I hope he feels better soon and you get good news from the doc. However as someone whos kid had croup this year from another kid at daycare because they didn't tell anyone you might want to let the other parents know T has croup. I might consider keeping my child from the party if I knew especially since I have a newborn at home. Just a thought.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ohbaby+2013 that's a good point. I'm leaning on the side of rescheduling it but will wait to hear what the doctor says. I will tell all parents that he had it just in case if we stay with it on Sat, though.

I did tell my dad he had croup and literally no reaction - just I hope he feels better. They totally just don't get it.

• Ugh, I hate that! And I'm so sorry he's sick:(. I would let them know he was sick in a no confrontational way. And the next time you skip an event because someone there is sick, you can let them know why!
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"