TTC after 35
Options

Intro

I thought I'd say hello I'm 35 and DH is 41.  I'm still on my first cycle of trying after coming off BCP.  It's been pretty frustrating trying to figure things out.  I just wanted to say hello!

Re: Intro

• Options
    Welcome! I've heard everything can be a little crazy after coming off BCP. good luck!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome.
    Yes, give your body a chance to adjust to not having the added hormones. My cycles took about 6 months to become regular.
    It is a crazy road trying to conceive. But being here makes it a little more bearable.
    Good luck to you.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    Welcome! I started here a few months ago just off BC and knew nothing. I've learned a lot about how all this works and the ladies on this board are great! Good luck to you!
    36, DH 31 TTC #1 since we got married, July 2014. http://FertilityFriend.com/home/522fa4/
  • Options
    Welcome!  My body was pretty crazy for at least 4-5 months coming off birth control.  During that time, I used OPKs and temped and charted and learned as much as I could about how my body was working!!  Good luck to you! :)
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    Welcome.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Welcome!

Me: 40  
    TTC #1: 3 years
    Me: Type II Diabetic
    Started with RE 11/2014
    Going through IUI with Donor Sperm

• Options
    Welcome. Mine is still crazy. Hope all goes well for you and you adjust quickly!
    me:41   dh:43 
    Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
    11/14 Provera failed... cycle continues 
    12/14 High FSH (57 "midcycle")  OBGYN had no clue... about anything 
    01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options

@vh2014 thank you, how long have you been off of BCP for?

• Options
    vh2014vh2014 member
    edited December 2014

Which time? LOL. This time about 4 months.  I was on Mirena for 10 years and came off last November.  We got engaged Christmas eve and in January I found a dress so I went back on Nuvaring so I could wear it at our wedding in August.  I have been off since then, but this cycle has been ongoing since Sept 25th.  It's a really fun chart... I was not temping in the beginning to "keep away the stress", then started.  The blank spots are a trip to Las Vegas where I was jet lagged, drinking, and not really sleeping and the other is when my OB/GYN gave me Provera to try and jump start things.  It's been about 4 months but you'll notice the last week or so is evening out nicely.  I'm about to post seperately about that but the moral of the story is... Temping has kept me sane.  It's really let me see what's been going on and through an OB/GYN that well... let's say I'm not planning on going back to. 

ETA: wear not where... Grammar police in me had to fix it. 
    Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
    01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Peaseblossom55 PS- I looked at your chart.  Looks like a post BCP chart to me. Check out the search feature on FF, it will let you choose only charts post BCP and will let you see others in your same situation.  Helped me relax a bit. 

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    vh2014 said:

Which time? LOL. This time about 4 months.  I was on Mirena for 10 years and came off last November.  We got engaged Christmas eve and in January I found a dress so I went back on Nuvaring so I could where it at our wedding in August.  I have been off since then, but this cycle has been ongoing since Sept 25th.  It's a really fun chart... I was not temping in the beginning to "keep away the stress", then started.  The blank spots are a trip to Las Vegas where I was jet lagged, drinking, and not really sleeping and the other is when my OB/GYN gave me Provera to try and jump start things.  It's been about 4 months but you'll notice the last week or so is evening out nicely.  I'm about to post seperately about that but the moral of the story is... Temping has kept me sane.  It's really let me see what's been going on and through an OB/GYN that well... let's say I'm not planning on going back to. 

wow I hope your charts and temps continue to even out and make more sense over time!!! Lots of luck to you!
  • Options
    Welcome, I went off of BCP in September and my temps are really jaggy too. At least you can still see a clear temp shirt pre and post O so that's good. Good luck!
    Me: 37
    DH: 35
    Married: 9/26/2011
    Hormones: All normal except AMH: Sept 2014 .022, Jan 2015 .05

My Ovulation Chart

My Babies 
  • Options
    welcome and good luck!
    <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5677e2">My Ovulation Chart</a>
  • Options
    Welcome and much luck to you!
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Options
    Just wanted to say welcome
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck on your Ttc journey
  • Options
    Welcome!! Much luck to you!
    Married since 10-20-2007
    DH Age: 38
    TTC #1 since January 2014

• Options
    Welcome!
                                     *******SIGGY WARNING/Chlidren mentioned***********

ME: 41 ----- DH: 43
                                                       MARRIED: 5/3/14
                                                   DS,17   DD,16   DD,12   DS,10
                                                               TR: 4-2-12
                                             TTC our 1st love child! No luck so far! 

• Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    @Peaseblossom55‌ welcome and best of luck! What helped me most when I started all of this was the Book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility". 100% worth it to get and read... You will be an expert in no time!!

Married April 13, 2013

TTC #1
    38 years old
    1st BFP 11/11/14 (EDD 7/24/14)
    1st loss 12/22/14
    Off Loestrin FE 24 since 6/9/14
    Irregular, short LP, low progesterone
    Diagnosed with PCOS Feb 2015
    Started IVF April 2014
    1st retrieval May 2015 - 30 retrieved, 29 fertilized, 1 normal
    2nd retrieval June 2015 - 27 retrieved, 22 fertiziled, 1 normal
    Implantation date August 12, 2015
    BFP 8/24/2015

ALL WELCOME

• Options
    Welcome and good luck to you
    ****Loss Mentioned***
    Me: 41 Him: 41
    TTC since December 2013
    HSG 9/18/14 = Tubes open but T shaped uterus
    IUI #1... 1/6/2015 + 50mg Clomid = BFN
    IUI #2... 1/29 & 30/2015 + 50mg Clomid +Tigger +Progesterone = BFN
    3/14 BFFP! Natural w/acupuncture & herbs only
    EDD = 11/22/15;  No heartbeat = 7/21/15
    Cooper Midnight Johnson born sleeping 7/25/2015

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

Thanks everyone for the good luck!!!

@mcodea88 Thanks I have the book and read it back in Sept/Oct I keep going back to it every once in awhile it's a great book!

• Options
    Welcome and best of luck!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    Welcome and best wishes!
  • Options
    welcome and good-luck!
    Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN

• Options
    Welcome! Lots of smart ladies here and so much support! 
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
  • Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"