November 2014 Moms
Options

Going back to work anxiety/freak out

Pretty sure there are a few of us that start back to work this coming Monday (one week from today!)

I thought I would do pretend work days this week to get into the groove of getting up early and going to work, without actually having to go to work.    Well I failed today and its got me thinking there is no way in hell I can do this.

Gio got up last night around 6:20,  had a bottle,  played, did tummy time, got a bath,  and was in bed around 8:15-8:30.    He only slept til 9,  then freaked out/cried/fussed until midnight.    Slept until 4:30, ate, changed, then back to sleep by 5.  
My work schedule gets me up at 6 am.

How the hell am I supposed to get up and go to work on less than 5 hours of sleep ?

To boot,  I am pretty sure I have strep throat,  I cannot even talk to the boy to calm him down,  I have no voice and what does come out sounds like some sort of monster.   

He isn't this bad every night,  but its really got me thinking that I CANNOT do this....  
:((

Has any 2nd time moms actually gone back to work at 6 weeks and survived before?    
Any other FTM's freaking out with me ?

Nov. '14 January Siggy : Work Sucks!

Me 32-DH 38

Married July 14, 2007  ----- TTC # 1 October 1, 2013
BFP   March 7, 2014  -----  EDD November 17, 2014 ---- Baby boy born November 16, 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Going back to work anxiety/freak out

• Options
    Yes, I'm worried too. I go back after 8 weeks but it still freaks me out. I think my husband and I will have to get up at 5:00 in order for us both to get ready and out the door on time. Fortunately that is currently Dominic's wake up time for his first morning feeding. Hope it stays that way.

I'm fortunate right now that my husband works for a school and is on break. I go to bed at 8 and he takes the 11 PM feeding and then I'm on duty the rest of the night. Then he gets up with him at 5 and let's me sleep in. That won't be able to happen once he goes back to work next Monday.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I know before I went back to work I tried to adjust LO to a schedule as much as possible.  It has helped and while she has really only had one full week of what the normal schedule would be like (with the holiday's and all) she has been handling it pretty well.  Also before I even went back to work I started getting her use to her crib so I wasn't worrying about doing that transition while back at work.  Things have been going pretty good we have a few bad nights and all I have to say with getting through the work day is lots of CAFFEINE

Lol...maybe I should pick up some caffeine pills...since I can't imagine having enough time for coffee before work! ;)

Nov. '14 January Siggy : Work Sucks!

Me 32-DH 38

Married July 14, 2007  ----- TTC # 1 October 1, 2013
    BFP   March 7, 2014  -----  EDD November 17, 2014 ---- Baby boy born November 16, 2014

• Options
    I go back on the 12th and am freaking.  The thought of basically having like an hour with her each day makes my heart ache.  I don't know how I'm going to do it.

As for us...I'm FF so DH is going to handle the mornings.  He WFH so he doesn't have to deal with a commute so he'll be getting her up and taking her to day care.  I work 4 10 hour days so I try to get to work by 7 so, hopefully, my morning routine won't change too much.  The only thing I may do is switch to showering at night instead of in the AM. 

Right now the taquita goes to bed around 9 and wakes up any time between 3:30 and 5:30 am and goes back down until 8:30 or so.  I'm trying to gradually move her bedtime up to 8 so hopefully if she goes back down she's OK with getting up around 7 for DH to take her to daycare.  I imagine DH and I will switch off nights as we do now, and hopefully her 5:30 am wakeups will move up a bit because I won't have time to get up with her and feed her at 530 and then get myself ready and out the door by 6:30.

It's going to be an adjustment, for sure.

• Options
    I have no clue what I'm going to do next monday!
    To make things worse, Noob's 8 week appointment and his shots are my 2nd day at work, so I'll have to leave him for work right after that traumatizing (for both of us) experience.
    I have problems waking up before 9 now, cause he's only gone to sleep before 11pm once since he was a few weeks old. How am I gonna wake up even earlier than I did pre-baby, feed him & myself, and dress myself?
    Not to mention that I also cry when I think about leaving him all day long as well. I'm trying to spend my next 7 days positively with him.
  • Options
    I'm not back yet-LO is only 3 and a half weeks old, but I'm already definitely worried about going back.  I don't have a choice, but I definitely don't know how I'm going to get through 12 and a half hour night shifts on minimal sleep.  I just hope she starts sleeping better before I have to go back.  Big hugs to all the mommas who are having to go back now!

• Options
    Luckily I don't go back till the 10th of Feb and my MIL will b keeping DS while DD will go to preschool. I'm blessed with that being the case. However, I am so nervous as to how I will be able to pump at work (I'm a teacher) without feeling completely engorged :( any teachers out there who have suggestions?

• Options
    With DD she would go down around 11:30 and wake up 1 or 2 times. Since DH worked nights he watched her during the day. This allowed me to nurse her before work, then I would put her back in the crib. I'm not sure how that will work with twins, especially since I'm at a new job where I have to commute. Right now they are the most awake around 11pm-1am. Then alternate waking up from around 4am-9am. I will need to get up by 5:30 to get to work on time and I'm not sure how I will be able to get ready if I am constantly nursing them.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"