Baby Names

Girl Name Suggestions

We have a few names we like, but I'm not feeling 100% about any of them yet. With my daughter we had about 5 maybes until about a week before she was born and then came across her name (Layla) and knew for sure that was it. So I'm hoping to come across something I am more sure about for this one too. I'd really like to use the middle name Alexandra (family name). We try to stay away from anything too popular but we also don't want something constantly mispronounced or misspelled. Names we like so far:

Taylor
Paige
Lorelei (I LOVE this one, but not sure about two L names)
Quinn (I know this isn't liked as a girl's name here, but I'm just trying to give an idea of what kind of names we like)
Blair
Aurora (one of my husband's favorites but I don't like it with Alexandra)

Any other suggestions?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Girl Name Suggestions

• I really like Lorelei.

Suggestions:
    Scarlett
    Lucy
    Elise
    Claire
    Ivy
    Evelyn
    Ruby
    Iris

• We like Lucy but it's too matchy with Layla for me. Claire and Scarlett I love though. TY!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I love Paige, and Quinn is nice, I happen to like it! Suggest: Eve, Winter, Mara, Delaney, Autumn, Arden, Eden, Estelle, Sabine

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm one of the ones that love Quinn on a girl so I'm all for Quinn Alexandra!!!
  • benmel31benmel31 member
    edited December 2014
    I love Paige Alexandra!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I love Quinn on a girl as well. Out of your names I like Lorelei the best.
  • What about laurel?
  • bromios said:

Aurora is my favorite name there, and I actually don't think it flows badly at all with Alexandra. Lorelei would be my second choice, but Lorelei and Layla is a lot of L. Paige, Taylor, Blair , and, of course, Quinn are bad. Other ideas:

Noelle Alexandra

Freya Alexandra

Bianca Alexandra

Rhiannon Alexandra

Gwendolen Alexandra

Violet Alexandra

Clara Alexandra

Natalia Alexandra

Miren Alexandra

Kira Alexandra

Keely Alexandra

Eleri Alexandra (eh-LAIR-ee)

Ariadne Alexandra

Zoe Alexandra

For Paige, Taylor, and Blair, is that just your preference or is there some big problem I am missing with those? I love Zoe, Clara, Bianca and Natalia! DH is bothered by both names ending in the -a though.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @dreadpiratebuttercup: My DH is not in love with the name, but it's a family name on my side and is important to me so he is okay with it as the middle name.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't think Layla and Lorelei are an issue together for siblings. Lots of good suggestions here.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Lorelei is on our short list but my family hates it haha.  I like that one the best on your list.
  • I'm a huge Blaire fan! Probably my most favorite name ever. Blaire Alexandra sounds wonderful and I'm not even partial to Alexandra.

• I love Aurora Alexandra. Sorry for any repeats:

Mila Alexandra
    Piper Alexandra
    Poppy Alexandra
    Violet Alexandra
    Fiona Alexandra
    Natalie Alexandra
    Jane Alexandra
    Lydia Alexandra
This discussion has been closed.