November 2014 Moms

Where are you weight wise?

I know this answer varies WILDLY with a million different factors but I'm curious... 4 weeks post partum where are you guys weight wise? My best friend is getting married exactly 4 weeks after my c section date and I am the maid of honor. I haven't gained a ton of extra weight and I bought a dress 2 sizes up to give myself some room but I cannot for the life of me remember how I was a month out with my first one.
BabyFruit Ticker  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Where are you weight wise?

• I stayed within the recommended guidelines for where I started weight wise and am with 6-8lbs of my pre-pregnancy weight. Oh, at 5w2d and EBF. I've been able to fit back into most all of my tops and some of my bottoms for awhile. I don't feel like I changed shape too much so hopefully bottoms will still fit. And the tops will really depend on what happens with the boobs after BF. They went up 3 sizes before LO arrived. Who knows how much bigger they are now...
  • I have 5 lbs to go at 3 weeks 3 days. Half my jeans don't fit though, my hips just aren't the same. All my dresses and tops fit just fine though.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 6lbs below my prepregnancy weight at 4 and a half weeks. But my mid section is such a different shape.

• Looks like you are a STM so I will chime in and say that it is taking me much longer this time to lose the weight than it did with my first.

I gained roughly 40lbs with both pregnancies. With my first I was back to within 5lbs of pre pregnancy when I went to my 6wk appt (I don't own a scale so only weigh at dr). With this pregnancy I was still 15lbs from pre pregnancy at my 6wk appt.

I will also agree with PP's that said clothes fit differently. I had basically no boobs prior to first pregnancy at barely a B cup and was up to a D cup while breastfeeding and settled to a full C post breastfeeding so none of my button up shirts fit....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ummm.... I'm up 30 lbs four weeks past my csection, exclusively pumping has done nothing for my weight loss. l gained 55 during pregnancy. Beyond that, my breasts are much longer so none of my dresses fit up top and many shirts I wore while pregnant are super tight in the chest.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 7 weeks PP - only 10 lbs over prepregnancy weight - had gained 40 total. EBF - everything fits but i cant button my pants & shirts are tight in the belly - all the extra 10 lbs seem to be in that freaking pouch!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm either +7 lbs at 9 weeks postpartum, or +13 lbs at 7 1/2 years postpartum :p
  • My situation is a little different and will probably irritate some. I started out about 100 pounds overweight from ideal. I was told to gain no more than 10-15 pounds the entire pregnancy. I gained right around 10. I stepped on the scale about a week after he was born and was down 9 pounds from my prepregnancy weight. I attribute it to the gestational diabetes diet.
    I fit into my prepregnancy clothes but like others have said, my body shape has changed some. I had a belly before getting pregnant but it is softer and different now.
    Now to lose the other 90 pounds of prepregnancy weight I need to lose.
  • so72409 said:

I'm still 20 lbs over. I gained 40. I don't look like I'm still 20 lbs over (I don't think...) but nothing pre-baby fits at all. I do remember not really losing all the weight until I was about 4 months PP the last time.

It probably doesn't help that I've been eating terrible during the holidays!

This is me too. I'm 5 weeks pp and even with EBFing still 20 over. Strangely before my bfp I had lost 20lbs over 6 months that I gained because of grad school (eating badly and sitting at a desk all the time). Now I'm near the weight I was before but I think I look better. Maybe bc some of that weight is in my boobs? I'm not too worried about it -- need to start exercising, I've basically been a hermit the past 5 weeks --but I wish my jeans would fit. Shopping for jeans is almost as bad as shopping for bathing suits in my book.
    TTC 3/2012; IUI 2/26/14; EDD 11/23/14; DD born 11/21/14!!!
  • Ya, I lost all the weight right away but I fit in NOTHING! My body is strange shapes now...
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I gained about 45 lbs and I am 15 lbs over my pp weight at the moment. There's still a bit of a pooch but also my boobs are HUGE compared to their normal size so I know some of the weight is there. I'm usually a pretty active person, doing things like hiking, walking around in the city and running in my neighborhood, so hopefully when the weather is nice again I will get back into those things.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lost 20 and 20 left to lose. This holiday eating is not helping but plan to start working out again next week.
  • I am about 5lbs away from my pre-pregancy weight. I am 7 weeks pp from a csection. I am back in my old clothes, but they don't fit the same.
    Kaitlyn - born November 7, 2014
  • edited December 2014
    I have lost about 20 pounds and have 10 more to lose before I am at my pre pregnancy weight. I have one more week until I can workout. Everything is squishy though, :/ even though I feel pretty good at where i am.
    My prince

My princess

Name my baby!
  • I'll "weigh in" on the other end of the spectrum. I'm 5 weeks, 2 days pp. I gained 55 lbs (a ton, I know, but I had a lot of fluid and got put on partial bed rest for a bit). I am still up 20 lbs and seem to be plateauing and then dropping 5 lbs in 3 days, then plateauing again.

Nothing fits. I'm EBF and the issue with my old sweaters and jackets is my boobs, not my waist. I went from a 36C to a generous 36E and I don't foresee fitting into my old sweaters (S/XS) until I stop breastfeeding.

I think for you it will depend on:
    -how much weight you gained
    -how much of that is just fluid
    -whether you are breastfeeding
    -how the dress you're trying to fit into is cut, and what the material is
    It's a girl! Due November 22, 2014
  • I am back to my pre pregnancy weight, BUT I only gained 19lbs (10 of which were the actual baby). I also gained 25-30lbs when I went off birth control before I was pregnant, so I still have plenty of weight to lose. I also have a bigger tummy than I did before I was pregnant (flabbier and looser). I hope that doesn't take too terribly long to get better/go away once I am cleared to workout in a couple weeks.
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Another 20 pounds to lose here at 6 weeks. Started at 140 ish....hit 180 ish....sitting at 160 ish now.

Nov. '14 January Siggy : Work Sucks!

Me 32-DH 38

Married July 14, 2007  ----- TTC # 1 October 1, 2013
    BFP   March 7, 2014  -----  EDD November 17, 2014 ---- Baby boy born November 16, 2014

• 5 weeks + pp and haven't weighed yet. My 6 wk follow up is Tuesday so I will know then. My prepregnancy pants are snug in the waist in that I'll only wear a loose sweater with them. I'd still rather be comfy in yoga pants lol. I'm EBF and gained 20 lbs during pregnancy (LO weighed 10 lb 6 oz). Still in survival mode here so I refuse to stress about it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • This was my first and I gained 50. 5 weeks pp and I still have 20 lbs to go.

• I gained 40 during pregnancy & lost 20 of it by 2 weeks. I'm still at 20 lost. I was a size 6 pp so I have nothing that remotely fits besides yoga pants & t shirts. If I started dieting, I know I would have lost more by now, but I've had no desire to eat right with the holidays! :-/
  • @heisenberg‌ l.o.l. you said it all.

For dear diary purposes I will add I was surprised to learn I am only down 14 of the 36 gained because my pants fit. My tops look stupid and I will probably continue to hide in my fiance's quarter zips. What i wanna know is when will I get to wear my prepreg hot bras again. Probably never?

I was wondering about the bra thing too....I am formula feeding, but I am still a D cup.....I only have two bras that fit right now since my entire bra collection is a B cup. No idea if they will ever fit ever again... :(

Nov. '14 January Siggy : Work Sucks!

Me 32-DH 38

Married July 14, 2007  ----- TTC # 1 October 1, 2013
    BFP   March 7, 2014  -----  EDD November 17, 2014 ---- Baby boy born November 16, 2014

• Gained 30-35lbs during pregnancy. It was all lost by 3-4 weeks and i've since lost a few more pounds. My pre-preg pants fit but are a little tight.
    BFP 2.22.14 | EDD 11.2.14 | DS 11.7.14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have about 10 lbs to go and it's all sitting around my midsection lol. So I am wearing pants just fine but have a roll in my shirts. And the boobs are massive, goodness, I'm BF so that will last awhile.

I have a physical job so when I go back in 3 weeks that shoud help with the weight loss and getting fit. I did get out today in our warm-for-December weather with baby in a front carrier and did a brisk walk. Plus I do a little home workout (stretches and crunches) when I can.

I try not to get down about it. I do have body image issues, but really I want to lose the weight because I'm older so I have to watch that.
  • I am a little less than pre pregnancy weight at almost 8 weeks post partum. I had gained 25lbs during pregnancy. My pants are baggy in the thighs and tighter in the hips. I feel like my body shape has changed and I have more hips. I thought I had large breasts before, none of my tops fit comfortably. They are now too short.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
                                                   TTC Since 2009 
                                        BFP 1: Nov 2010 MMC at 5 Weeks
                  BFP 2: June 2010 First Round of Clomid Blighted Ovum at 7 weeks
         Surprise BFP 3: Feb 2014, Healthy Baby Boy Due October 27th 2014. OB thinks this is it!
  • I didn't gain any weight during my pregnancy and am down 17 lbs and have been for about a month so I don't think any more is coming off unless I start working at it. LO is 7 weeks old. I was losing weight pretty rapidly the first 2 weeks and then in 2 days I actually put on about 6 pounds and plateaued since, still not sure how I put on those 6 pounds in 2 days especially with breastfeeding.
  • 9 weeks PP and I'm 18 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight.  But everything is weird and jiggly.

• I am 6 weeks PP and I am back to my weight I was before pregnancy(135) This is my fourth baby and I gained 40+ lbs with my other three and 20 lbs with this baby. I also had GD with my first and fourth. I did better this pregnancy with my diet because I wanted to and I needed to for the GD. It took a lot of self control and I wasn't perfect but I'm happy that I have the baby weight off and now I just need to lose about 15lbs to be at a healthy weight. My third pregnacy I had 50lbs to lose... So I'm feeling better this time around :smile:
  • 6 weeks pp (maybe sooner, not sure) I was 4 lbs below pre-pregnancy weight, but a completely different shape/stretched out....fat pants didn't even/don't even fit right......I'm still not at my ideal weight....although I am happy that I've lost all the pregnancy weight plus 4 extra lbs, I gained another 15-20 or so on top of all that that I still need to lose...again, everything is just shaped differently/stretched out, ugh.
    ~Jen
    Married since 8.17.03
    Mom to Richard 7.24.05, Ava 3.27.08, Isabella 5.19.09 & Timothy 10.22.14

• I gained close to 57 pounds and have lost 35 6 weeks pp but my breasts are ginormous. Finally bought some nursing bras that fit and went with an H/I didn't know they come that big. I definitely are bad over the holidays but I'm also frustrated because my chiro told me to take it easy on exercising because my pelvis is inflamed. Only thing I have been doing is taking LO out in the carrier once in a while but I do notice soreness when I get back. Any gentler post partum exercise ideas( that don't take a lot of time lol).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"