August 2014 Moms

Humidifer?

Looking for recommendations for a humidifier. Have money on my FSA account that I need to spend before I lose it and a humidifier is an eligible expense. I know we will need one eventually, so want to go ahead and but one. Thanks ladies!

Re: Humidifer?

• We have a Vicks.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We also have a Vicks. The warm kind work much better than the cool mist, IMO.

Pregnancy Ticker

Zoe Nicole: 8/21/14

Due again: 1/17/18

• Loading the player...
  • We have Vicks too, I didn't know they made a warm one? Ours is cold, it works well however it makes the room cold.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yup, they have a warm one.

Pregnancy Ticker

Zoe Nicole: 8/21/14

Due again: 1/17/18

• With humidifier make sure you keep them clean! Something called scale that can build up in them and it's only toxic if it gets in a heated mist form. You can clean the scale by using white vinagar on it.
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • We have two Crane humidifiers. They are rated really high on Consumer Reports and are super quiet. Also they don't have a filter that needs to be replaced constantly and they are fairly easy to clean.
  • I have the cool mist one shaped like an elephant. I can't remember what brand. I like it because I never have to worry about the kids putting their hands in the steam.

I have a vivid memory of being three and putting my hand in the cool vapor and scalding myself on our heat humidifier from when I was a child.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Another vote for the cool mist from crane (we have the cow, dragon and a lime green one) don't require filters - big plus
  • We have the owl one from Crane. For safety reasons they only recommend the cool mist kind for babies and kids.
  • The today show just did a segment and consumer reports recommend the cool mist from crane as the best on the market. I can't remember why though.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Just ordered the cool mist from Crane based on Today Show segment.
  • Not sure if this is everywhere but my Target had two different Crane cool mist humidifiers on clearance today

• Did they recommend any cool mist one by Crane or a specific one? I looked it up and saw they showed the owl one, but wasn't sure if it was specifically that one.
  • We just have a Walgreens brand that we bought while I was pregnant (I had croup). It works well and has a large water resevoir. It's completely silent.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"