Cloth Diapering
Options

Flour sack towels as inserts?

just started hearing about these... Can anyone offer some insight??

I use BG 4.0 with the newborn and regular insert it came with. At night I add a hemp insert as well. We're getting compression leaks and general leaks (I think it's a fit issue...).

Anyway I heard FST may be a good option??

Questions...
- in lieu of the inserts my BG came with or in addition to?
- any specific brand or dimension I should look for?
- I was going to invest in more hemp... Would FST be better for compression leaks?

Re: Flour sack towels as inserts?

• Options
    just started hearing about these... Can anyone offer some insight?? I use BG 4.0 with the newborn and regular insert it came with. At night I add a hemp insert as well. We're getting compression leaks and general leaks (I think it's a fit issue...). Anyway I heard FST may be a good option?? Questions... - in lieu of the inserts my BG came with or in addition to? - any specific brand or dimension I should look for? - I was going to invest in more hemp... Would FST be better for compression leaks?

I bought a couple fst to try out flats. I actually preferred real flats to fst. I used a single flat in my pockets which was great since I could fold each one to fit each pocket (I have multiple brands) I stopped using mf altogether for most of 2014. It's one thing that is actually cheap enough to just try it since if you don't like flats/fst it's so easy to repurpose or sell them without a great lose of money. My LO hasn't been a heavy wetter so I just used a flat but if needed you can pair with the mf inserts too.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Options
    I just got a sewing machine for Christmas and I practiced sewing fst's into a pad. I think they turned out okay and they are very trim. I would only use them as daytime inserts like maple said.
    TTC since 11/1/12
    BFP 1/2/13
    Ultrasound showed no heartbeat 2/14/13
    BFP 12/7/13
    EDD 8/18/14
    1st Beta 89, 2nd Beta 214
    Stick Baby Stick!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Compared to my GMD yellow and red edge peeps, and Osocozy flats, I think I find them the leaSt absorbent. Right now they're being used as burp cloths since G is always spritting up. But they work fine during daytime, or slightly longer stretches with a doubler.
  • Options
    There great because they're cheap but they are not as absorbent as a real flat. Not even close.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"