Stay at Home Moms

Unexpected guests for Christmas

So my dinner for tomorrow has gone from 8 to 10. Does anyone else have guests who always invite others?
I'm always of the mindset the more the merrier. But I'm a little annoyed this year. It's always someone who I never will never see again, this year Is a man my gay sister met online, who doesn't know she is gay supposedly, and they have never met in person. I doubt he will even show lol. And my other sister is bringing a work friend.
My parent a have always invited everyone, from the cashier at the grocery store who is new to the city, to potential business partners to the great niece of someone so and so knows. It's just I wanted a quiet family christmas this year. Plus my kid has ASD and will be a bit anxious with new people. And I bought only 8 Christmas crackers lol, I mean I know who cares really but it's little things. Am I dick for feeling this way? I know it will still be nice but I'm overthinking it I guess.

Re: Unexpected guests for Christmas

• That's pretty frustrating and inconsiderate.

DH's family decided not to travel this year, so now we have three last minute additions. It's not a huge deal, except that I already went grocery shopping and bought the ham this morning...if I'd known they were coming, I would have bought a bigger ham!!!

• Yes, the food issue too! I will have enough but probably no leftovers:)
  • Loading the player...
  • No you are not a dick. That would frustrate me to no end! Especially if it's people you will never see again. I'd be more understanding if it was close friends or family. Did your sister ask you first?

At this point I have everything done and ready to go and would prefer not to have to make modifications.
  • Yes, I would be mad.  Maybe I'm a jerk but I prefer my holidays to be small intimate gatherings and wouldn't appreciate someone inviting a stranger to our holiday celebration.  Well maybe not stranger is the right word but someone there is little chance I will ever see again. 
  • Yeah, I am thinking this internet stranger is going to be interesting, if he shows. I wish I was joking, but she thinks it will be the safest place and time to meet him lol.
  • I'd be irritated too, but I am also of the mind, the more the merrier.  I think the more people who come make for a more interesting time.  However, I'd also ask that people contribute to the food situation by bringing an app or dessert or drink.  I'm hosting both sides of our family on Christmas Day which means over 20 people.  I didn't specifically ask, but when someone offered to bring something, I gave them an idea of what I was serving and said anything that went along with the menu...  So, could you maybe do that in the future to help with the food issue?
  • MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, I am thinking this internet stranger is going to be interesting, if he shows. I wish I was joking, but she thinks it will be the safest place and time to meet him lol.

Only if you have a Conceal and Carry permit!!!  WTF!!!!  I'd say "no go - Not at MY EFFING HOUSE ARE YOU INVITING SOME JACKWAGON YOU'VE NEVER MET!!" and be the Grinch!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @keeptruckn How did the internet stranger play out?
  • @Keeptruckin‌ - Yes! Inquiring minds want t know!

• Awww. That's so nice. And nice of you to open your house to a complete stranger.
  • He showed us video of his show. My Dad was awesome, he asked how long the transformation takes, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"