Right
89% 103 votes
Left
7% 9 votes
I'm legitimately ambidextrous
2% 3 votes

Re: Super Important Clicki Poll!

• Options
    I'm really interested to see what LO will be.

@crawford411 That is pretty sweet. I've always wanted to meet someone ambidextrous.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD has been using both. She seems to bring more stuff up to her mouth with her left hand right now though.

This is so petty but I don't want dd to be a lefty because MIL is left handed and she does that annoying thing "well, she didn't get that from me". I don't want to be reminded every conversation that dd is left handed "just like her."
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    DH is ambidextrous but favors his left hand. I'm a righty. Dd seems like she is favoring her right hand, at least in terms of sucking her knuckles, but we'll see.

• Options

sabby2 said:

I'm really interested to see what LO will be.

@crawford411 That is pretty sweet. I've always wanted to meet someone ambidextrous.

My sister doesn't write with both because she had an Indian preschool teacher that discouraged the use of the left hand (dirty hand). But she does the weirdest thing when she eats. Every time she goes to cut meat, she switches the hand the fork is in, but doesn't switch it back. So sometimes she cuts with her left and sometimes with her right.

She's basically a freak of nature.
    I'm left handed and I used to do that when I was younger. I also used to switch hands when writing when one got tired. Now I write with my left but use right handed scissors and throw with my right. Play golf like a right hander but chop veggies like a lefty. People think it's wierd I just think it's normal.
  • Options
    It depends on what I'm doing. But I write left handed, eat left handed, and play certain sports left handed. Other sports I play right handed and I can write decently right handed, it's just not as comfortable. 
    O14 January Signature Challenge- Snow Fails

• Options
    keelyd said:

DS favors his left so far, and both H and I are right-handed. I'm totally interested to see which he ends up using.

Side note: I'm teaching myself to be at least slightly ambidextrous so that I can eat while nursing regardless of which side DE is on :D

Lol totally this! I'm getting pretty good a lunch and dinner left handed. Forget cereal though, haven't mastered that yet :smile:
    January Snow Fail

• Options
    I picked ambi bc I use both but really I always write with my left and do everything else (eat, crochet, sports) with my right. I think my mom thought I was left handed bc my bro is and had me use that hand when really I was right handed.
  • Options
    I had flash backs of "what should I name my baby" posts when I read this poll's title.

I think ds1 might be ambidextrous. He can do everything with both but seems to prefer different hands for certain tasks. He prefers to eat with his right and has better aim when he throws a ball with his left. Sometimes he will switch back and forth while doing a task. It's really interesting to me.
  • Options

It is a right-handed world.  This topic always reminds me of Ned Flanders on the Simpsons with his shop for left-handed folks!

• Options
    My siblings and I are all right handed and all of us but one married left handed people. Weird much? 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    I chose Righty, but I probably could have said ambi.  I can do everything with either hand, but I favour my right.  My writing is definitely neater with my right hand, but perfectly legible and not at all kindergarden-ish with my left hand.  I have to say, it's pretty convenient to be able to use either hand when dealing with the kiddos!
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• Options
    Overwhelmingly right handed it would seem.  Do you think it has anything to do with culture?  I can't say I've ever really looked up any studies on this.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

Most facilities and equipment is set-up for a right-handed user.  Desk at school were often set-up for rightys.  Most natural leftys have been forced to become rightys by teachers early on.  I read about it at one point and it made tons of sense!

I am a righty but I am really not very dextrious at all :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"