November 2013 Moms

TTMA nap transitions

Hi mamas! I've missed lots of news, I see -- congrats to all of you who are expecting again! What a fun surprise to peruse the check-in board and read all your news. I'm still not on here much but I'm looking for advice.

Aaron seems ready to transition from two naps to one. For those who have gone through the transition, or are in the middle of it, what tips do you have? 

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I skimmed 6 or 7 pages of recent threads and didn't see anything.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: TTMA nap transitions

• Gunner kicked his second nap a few months ago. If he naps too early he miserably tired before bedtime. So I try to put him down for his nap as late as I can... 11:30 or 12. Sometimes if he has a short nap or an unusually early nap he will take a second nap- but not often.
  • Loading the player...
  • sands42 said:

Gunner kicked his second nap a few months ago. If he naps too early he miserably tired before bedtime. So I try to put him down for his nap as late as I can... 11:30 or 12. Sometimes if he has a short nap or an unusually early nap he will take a second nap- but not often.

We are this exactly
  • @fitmama418 Thanks, I figured it must have been discussed at some point. I did read that thread but I am a SAHM so the daycare situation doesn't apply to me, and doesn't help me with how to "hold him off," etc. 

Today was the first day we tried one nap. I was able to hold him off till about 11:30. Problem is he woke up at 1:30 (vs. 3 or 4pm when he takes two naps) so this evening is going to be interesting. 

Our library does storytime 3 mornings a week, plus I am in a MOPS group another weekday, but those activities don't start back up again til next week. I think having somewhere to go in the morning will help keep him busy enough to stay awake, but stuck in the house it is tricky.

One benefit I hope for is that he will start sleeping through the night once we cut a nap! The few times he has skipped a nap, he sleeps amazingly that night. *fingers crossed*

• I recently stopped night feeds and it didn't bother him. He has slept from 7:30pm-5am a handful of times... Not many. This is extremely different than my daughter who wanted a bottle or sippy cup in the middle of the night until she was 2 1/2 years old. Nightmare! That's when she began sleeping through the night. Yeah. 2 1/2 years old. :/

So you could try that if you are still BFing or bottles in the middle of the night. Good luck!!!
  • @sands42 He stopped nighttime feeds at 10 months and he isn't BFing or bottle feeding anymore. ... which is nice, but eliminates that as an easy fix. :)  When he wakes up in the MOTN it's typically just needing help finding his paci so he can fall back asleep.

Thanks for the tips, everyone ... keep 'em coming!

• I bought glow in the dark pacifiers. Just the round part glows but that would make it easier to find for him. They are MAM brand.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"